Hull protection

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
nemo327

Hull protection

Post by nemo327 »

After 3 years launching from beaches ramps etc. The bow and stern are showing wear caused by dragging to and from the truck. Is there a boot that fits over these areas or can I install a protective strip on these worn spots?
ZeroSix

Re: Hull protection

Post by ZeroSix »

Hmmm... better yet, is there a product or technique to polish out these wear marks?
“Buda! Wanna see the best thing about owning a Hobie???”

18 March - Eric Bell Memorial

Hobie Outback - Moss "Ole Blue"
Hobie Pro Angler - Dune "Big Phaddy"

Sr. Vice President ExPS-Elite -PFK-CaC
Rik

Hull protection

Post by Rik »

Heat gun but you have to be very, very careful. Very careful. The plastic goes from soft to liquid in what seems like 3 degrees.

But, then again, I don't use Botox on my crowsfeet so I suspect my kayak can live with some wrinkles of it's own.

Wilderness has started putting a skid plate on the aft keel of some kayaks. Maybe Todd can post a pic. A sacrificial but much harder chunk of plastic that can be replaced. Great idea.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
irishff727

Re: Hull protection

Post by irishff727 »

I have the same issue ( first post BTW) usually I go yaking with someone so we usually try to carry them down to waters edge. But that doesnt always work. My buddy has a manta ray with the wheel but that doesn't seem to be very effective or even work @ all. So I guess the skid plate would be a awesome idea.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk