Reel Maintenance

dunfly

Re: Reel Maintenance

Post by dunfly »

Is Dave's Parts and Service the same as Fisherman's World? If so, it seems we have conflicting opinions.
“You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste....” — Rahm Emanuel
"Freedom!" - Sir William Wallace
Who is John Galt?
pbr

Post by pbr »

Phil, knows what he is doing, and knows a good reel when he see's one :wink:
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Yes Dave's part and service is Fisherman's world, I've never had anything less than great service, not sure what Redfisher's experience was to make him feel that way.

I see Phil has a drop off/Collection at Bill Jackson's, I will be there later this week and drop my reels off to try him out.
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
Lime Cider

Post by Lime Cider »

I too had bad service from FW. The young guy that I tried to give my reels to, talked to me like I was dirt and basically told me that I didn't know anything about fishing or reels. I left with my reels. :salute:

Stay away from Betts Tackle too unless you have a looooong time to wait. Was told it would take 4 months to replace a line roller bearing. :roll:
Russ
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

I am wondering if the guy was Matt, he can be a little terse, you kind of have to know him to know that's just his nature, but as far as the actual work done, they will return your reel to you like it was new out of the box.
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

John, Yes Matt is the problem and if you don't mind being treated like crap by people you are paying for a service, then go ahead.
Personally I would rather give my business to someone who does good work and is at least polite to his customers.
BTW That jackass goes beyond being "a little terse", he is down right obnoxious.
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

Yes Matt is the problem and if you don't mind being treated like crap by people you are paying for a service, then go ahead.

I had one bad experience and one was enuff..his old man wasn't any better.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

I take my reels to Holy Mackerel Tackle, he sends them out somewhere for service but I have never had an issue with any of the repairs. He is a PFTS sponsor and I like to do business with businesses that help us out.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Well I guess Matt has not been as bad to me as he was with you guys, sure he's not warm and fuzzy but I've not been treated badly enough to not go back and the quality of their work has always been good enough for me to keep using them.
I'm dropping off some reels at Jackson's this weekend to see how Phil does with them. Hopefully he will be as good as Dave's and it will save me the hassle of driving to Holiday.

We shall see!
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

Todd wrote:I take my reels to Holy Mackerel Tackle, he sends them out somewhere for service but I have never had an issue with any of the repairs. He is a PFTS sponsor and I like to do business with businesses that help us out.

I went into Holy Mackeral Tackle for the first time this past weekend with a gift certificate I won during one of the tournaments last year. What a great shop. It's not huge, but they had what I need and were very friendly. I made sure to thank them for their support. It's not very convenient for me to get there regularly, but it will certainly be added to my preferred tackle shops list.
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

Todd wrote:I take my reels to Holy Mackerel Tackle, he sends them out somewhere for service but I have never had an issue with any of the repairs. He is a PFTS sponsor and I like to do business with businesses that help us out.
...and the people are super nice.