Pelican Rescue

Heywood

Pelican Rescue

Post by Heywood »

So as Greg and I were packing up today, we were talking with an FWC biologist and he says "Whats that?". we look out and there are two pelicans in distress. You could tell they were connect together somehow, so Greg and I went in after them.

They were connected by a Bomber Long A lure. One had the all three terbles in its mouth, the other under its wing. The video is kinda long, but I'm happy to report at least one will make a recovery, the other at worst will spend its days at the Sea Bird Sanctuary.

"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
IntimiGator

Re: Pelican Rescue

Post by IntimiGator »

Good karma to all of you. No way one person could have pulled that rescue off.
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Well done sirs!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Tide1on

Post by Tide1on »

Great job guys!!!
NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Well done! :cheers: So who got the Bomber?
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Lime Cider

Post by Lime Cider »

Good job. :thumbright:
Russ
rugrat181
Supporter 2011 - 2014
Supporter 2011 - 2014

Post by rugrat181 »

Way to be a friend !!
It's 5 o'clock somewhere. Let's celebrate !!

Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club"

Dave S
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

I wish people wouldn't feed them, good job.
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve
Rik

Post by Rik »

Your point is a good one, Steve, though it may have been a lure that was left hanging in the mangroves.

I took my brother and sister in law through the Lido Key mangrove tunnels yesterday. A very touristy thing to do. As we got into the lake in the back, the cormorants were all around us. Same thing when we got back out in the bay. They swam alongside us and kept diving under the kayaks to pop up on the other side. They were obviously begging for a hand out. Have never seen them get that close in such large numbers. At one point 3 of them were within arms reach of my sis in laws kayak.

One dove down next to her kayak and came up with a small fish. It looked like it showed it to her put then spit it out and started begging again. Maybe it prefers PBJ sandwiches.....
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

True, if I get a lure in a tree which almost never happens Ha Ha, I make every attempt to get it back, even if I have to tear off half the branches to get at it. I have and never will leave anything like that behind. I am always pulling lures or line out of trees, this gives anglers a bad rap.
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve
Tree-Bone

Post by Tree-Bone »

Mice Job !

My Heroes !
:wav: