Medard Park

General freshwater forum. However, please consider using the regional forums instead!
JoeS

Medard Park

Post by JoeS »

Has anybody fished Medard since it reopened last month??????seems like they stocked it with a boat load of fish....pun intended :? ....
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
mrpj1972

Re: Medard Park

Post by mrpj1972 »

Yes. I have been out there twice. Both times at Burnt Stump. First time was all artificial on my toon. Complete skunk, not even a fish sighting. Second time was from the little pier with live worms under cork, complete skunk again. The second trip I asked the guy at the gate if any fish were being caught & he said not really. When I was on my toon, I saw a lot of large gators and tons of egrets. In one area of trees along the water the bird "painting" was so bad it looked like the trees had gotten crop dusted. So the fish predators are eating well....
JoeS

Re: Medard Park

Post by JoeS »

Thanks for the info.....I figured the fishing would be slow anytime you drawdown a large body of water it takes forever to bring back the same fishing.......I wondered if those huge gators would still be there as well....I guess you answered my question......
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!