Friday SOTE

Flamingo to Big Bend
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Friday SOTE

Post by Manning »

Hit the water about 10 this morning. Couldn't find any reds early, but the snook were sure hitting. I caught a few small ones and then this nice 27 inch baby made my day. Had been a while since I had heard my drag sing like this. Music to my ears.
Please note that this fish never left the water let alone suffer the indignity and mortal danger of being put on on my measuring board. After a little thumb sucking she was on her way.

The rest of the day was hits and misses. I caught a few more snook and lost one that looked and felt like it was as big as the one above. Just before quitting I hooked and lost two reds on back to back casts. I figured I had used up my luck for the day.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
John
Guv'ner

Re: Friday SOTE

Post by John »

Very nice, great pics, been a while since I caught a decent Snook, they are thin on the ground up here in the top of bay, at least where I am fishing any way.
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Nice snuke Stevo!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
DirksFishin

Post by DirksFishin »

Lol! Nice snook! Nothing like a fatty to make your day!
Derek

I hear possum taste like chicken.
no time

Post by no time »

Very nice snook pic. Hope to get some this spring.

NT
What can I do to help?