Hello from Oldsmar

Introduce yourself. It all starts with your first post. Jump in, the water's fine.
Dyongue

Hello from Oldsmar

Post by Dyongue »

Hi Everone,

I recently bought a Perception Sport 12' Pescadore, rigged it for fishing and have had it out around Honeymoon a few times. Once I even caught fish. Thought I had all figured out until I ended up empty handed and minus a rod and reel the last time out. ( so that's what those expensive rod keepers are for :cry: )

I'm hoping to meet some folks to go fishing with sometime, learn a few tricks and maybe share a beer or two! I try to go at least once every weekend so give me a shout if you go.

So far I've enjoyed the site, have had it on bookmark since before I bought my Yak ( Hey does that count for membership time as far as the PFTS is concerned?)

Looking forward to seeing the results of Saturdays PFTS, I've never fished that far south, it'll be interesting to see where they hook up.
sasay

Re: Hello from Oldsmar

Post by sasay »

Welcome, like you I am new here to, but I think you will find as I have there is a lot of good people here
Within you is the power to do things you never dreamed possible, as soon as you change your beliefs...
2011 Ocean Kayak Torque
Stand N Fish
humminbird 385ci
(thinking about getting an x-wing)

2008 Malibu Mini-X (with Stand N Fish)
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Dyongue wrote:

Looking forward to seeing the results of Saturdays PFTS, I've never fished that far south, it'll be interesting to see where they hook up.
Not too late to join us. And you won't know where the winners caught fish or what lure they used unless you attend. That info is only shared at the pic-n-sip.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Dyongue

Post by Dyongue »

Thanks for the welcome all. I may just show up after all if I can get my Yak on my car at 4:30 in the morning. I've almost got my take out down to an hour if I start really early the night before. But with only 1 Lure and three poles it shouldn't take long at all. I just hope I remember to tie the darn thing down before I go over the Skyway!

Cheers

Dave
sasay

Post by sasay »

I just hope I remember to tie the darn thing down before I go over the Skyway!
well if you go fast enough you could just pull the rope and it will land at the starting point :cheers:
Within you is the power to do things you never dreamed possible, as soon as you change your beliefs...
2011 Ocean Kayak Torque
Stand N Fish
humminbird 385ci
(thinking about getting an x-wing)

2008 Malibu Mini-X (with Stand N Fish)