The Druid strikes again.

DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

The Druid strikes again.

Post by DaveR »

My $4.99 app told me fishing would be less then stellar and indeed the few fish I found were finicky. I stole away from work early as a night under the stars was foremost in my simple mind and any tasking not relevant to that objective was becoming fruitless.
My room with a view was set up in short order after arriving at waters edge.
Fishing the evening bite put few bends in my rod as the water was very high and this particular spot is problematic when the water reaches far into the grass and mangroves. A few snook and redfish were caught prior to the dinner bell but the fly riod was never unstrapped. Tomorrow morning I kept telling myself, tomorrow morning.
The night was full of fishing tales and lies about women won around a moderate blaze.
After a fitful sleep interrupted by visions of redfish exposing themselves in an almost obscene manner in the shallows, I awoke to the stillness I had hoped for. Water and sky melded into one before the sun set them free from one another.
While my trusted camping partner drove off to correct his unforgivable sin of forgetting the coffee, I was left to set out to ply the now perfect tidal and wind conditions in search of the risqué redfish. I had thoughts of other things but my mind, and bowels, decided there might be a better time for such things.
So launch I did sans coffee and with a tightened sphincter to see if The Druid could find it's advisary. Not 15 minutes I to the fog did I see the tell tale rippling on the water edge. All was at the ready. Cockpit uncluttered and fly splayed out on the deck ready to be launched at an unsuspecting quarry. Indeed, the redfish broke the still plane of the water, busy searching for it's crustacean breakfast. In short order The Druid was on it's way to intercept the headlong path of it's target. For whatever reason, the perfect cast was denied, not once but twice. With renewed determination, through the thick mist again The Druid flew. A copy of the previous cast but for some reason this was the one. The innocent redfish rushed the feather and steel and was soon hooked. A short battle, a photograph, and a return to the muddy depths from which she came.
No, not nearly the largest fish ever to bless the endof my tippet, but all of them are very special.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
EZYLYF
King of Broken Fly Rods

Re: The Druid strikes again.

Post by EZYLYF »

Sweet.... Great report...
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Waxing lyrical, very nice report Dave, I am looking forward to sketching that photo.
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

That is a big fucking spider.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
Bigfish171
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

The Druid strikes again.

Post by Bigfish171 »

Should've put the spider on a hook!

By the way...very nice report.
Dave
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

BearsFan wrote:That is a big fucking spider.
That's kinda what I thought. No, that's exactly what I thought.

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Rik

The Druid strikes again.

Post by Rik »

I didn't need to see it. I could tell it was big from your high pitched scream and your fleet footed departure from the bathroom.

Suddenly being that bear in the woods had great appeal.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Evan

Post by Evan »

Haven't been on here in a while but just happened to be looking today and saw this AWESOME report and figured I'd chime in to say thanks for posting. Not only was the content great (u shure doo rite purty wordz) but you seem to have put a lot of time in with that buggy whip since last year.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Thanks Evan but I'm a hack. I only appear OK cause I'm the only posting reports in this section lately. The would eat me alive on The Drake.

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Evan

Post by Evan »

Yeah, well, the internets are full of haters, but anyone who actually catches Reds on fly and takes time to put up a nice report about it is no hack.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion
Capt. Jack

The Druid strikes again.

Post by Capt. Jack »

Great report Dave...a poetic and cunning linguist.
Our tradition is that of the first man who snuck away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish.
Wuluf

Post by Wuluf »

Great report. Take a sidearm with you when you go to the bathroom!
Wuluf