New to the Salt Life and Yak Fishin'

Introduce yourself. It all starts with your first post. Jump in, the water's fine.
sharkbait86

New to the Salt Life and Yak Fishin'

Post by sharkbait86 »

Hello all,
My name is Ryan, I recently moved here from Memphis, TN so I am new to saltwater fishing and kayaking. I moved here in September of last year and fished alot during the winter with a pretty good bit of luck. I have been fishing freshwater since I was able to walk, so I have enough experience to catch fish here. Just haven't had any luck on the giants yet. The redfish have been avoiding me since I got here. I have caught some huge gator trout among other species but redfish is what I am really after besides my night shark fishing adventures. I recently bought my first kayak about a month ago and have been out in it at least 3 times a week since! I bought a 12'6" Field and Stream Eagle Talon that came with all the accessories imaginable. I have really enjoyed fishing out of it but I am handing that down to the lady and will be getting myself a Hobie Pro Angler this Friday. I am so excited, its like getting that shiny red bike on Christmas morning. I really look forward to meeting some yak buddies to fish with on the forum and I also have several friends at work with yaks who will be down to go too! Look forward to some good friends, great memories, and tight lines! Ryan
"Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend." Gone fishin', be back at dark-thirty!
sasay

Re: New to the Salt Life and KAYAK Fishin'

Post by sasay »

Welcome Ryan
Within you is the power to do things you never dreamed possible, as soon as you change your beliefs...
2011 Ocean Kayak Torque
Stand N Fish
humminbird 385ci
(thinking about getting an x-wing)

2008 Malibu Mini-X (with Stand N Fish)