Hello new guy here

Introduce yourself. It all starts with your first post. Jump in, the water's fine.
hulkman1

Hello new guy here

Post by hulkman1 »

Hello everyone my name is Austin. im new to the kayak fishing world,and let me start by saying that i love this website. It has tons of very useful info.and from what i have seen so far very nice people.So about two months ago i bought a Moken 10 angler kayak made by feel free. It was a very nice kayak and super stable but after taking it out about five times. I noticed how SLOOOOW it was.making for a very tiring day and not fun because i couldn't go far. So i ended up selling it and getting a tarpon 120.I love this thing, stable and fast with good storage.So me and some friends took it out today, we went to weedon island and got there at about 6:00 and the water was glass great day for fishing.just some of what we caught ImageImage all in all we had a great day. im looking forward to meeting all of you guys at some tournaments and meets...maby some of you guys will wanna meet up and just do some fishing.that would be great
Tide1on

Re: Hello new guy here

Post by Tide1on »

Welcome to the site Austin! If you like a good challenge, make sure you check-out the PFTS (Paddle-Fishing Tournament Series) coming up in a few months.
One more thing... Nice hat!!!
Last edited by Tide1on on Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
hulkman1

Post by hulkman1 »

Thank you i got the hat for free...and i plan on fishing in the tournaments for fun,and to meet people, im not very good at salt water fishing just yet im have been a bass fisher all my life and fell in love with the fight of a good red or snook over a bass. i only caught these snook because they were the only tips i was able to get out of some of the guys at the tackle shop...no one seems to give hints up to well...LOL
Tide1on

Post by Tide1on »

That's exactly what the PFTS is all about "fun and meeting new people". With that mindset you'll really enjoy the series.

What areas do you fish? Upper Tampa Bay, Southshore, Fort Desoto? I myself usually fish the Southshore locations.
NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
hulkman1

Post by hulkman1 »

mostly weedon island,fort dasoto,bay pines...any suggestions for good snook and reds...or what baits your using..i live in pasco but go up to up to these places because thats were my friends are
hulkman1

Post by hulkman1 »

when you say southshore locations what do you mean area wise ...ill have to try it..
americanrobster

Post by americanrobster »

Welcome to the site.. Nice fish!!
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'
hulkman1

Post by hulkman1 »

thank you... :D very happy to be here