Need some advice.

Flamingo to Big Bend
fishshooter99

Need some advice.

Post by fishshooter99 »

I will be staying on Holmes beach from 7/14 - 7/21. I have not kayak fished that area much and it has been many years since I did at all. For the last couple of years most of my trips have been to the panhandle from around Saint George east to the Saint Marks river. I have mainly been using One Knockers, Sabile Stick Shad, and a few different Gulp baits. Anything that is primarily white has done the best. Can anyone give me some advice on what I should use in the Anna Maria Island area, or maybe some good areas to fish or launch? I would love to go out one morning with any locals that wouldn't mind the company. Thanks.
Gary
expatriate Floridian living in the foriegn land of Georgia
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Re: Need some advice.

Post by jbdba01 »

Funny I just got back yesterday. Managed to stay off the laptop for a week.

Reference this thread.

Take lots of weedless lures (and beer).

Poon are still off the beach, but as usual finicky. If you go solo be prepared to jump and dump - oh yeah and FWC will probably come visit ya. At least they did me.
JB
fishshooter99

Re: Need some advice.

Post by fishshooter99 »

Thanks for the advice JB. I will break out the weedless arsenal, though I sure do love through top water when possible. After reading your post on Perdico Bayou I will probably give that a shot one morning. That was great post, with great pictures.
Gary
expatriate Floridian living in the foriegn land of Georgia