Peace River - New Years Day 2013

General freshwater forum. However, please consider using the regional forums instead!
Pip

Peace River - New Years Day 2013

Post by Pip »

My daughters boyfriend is home on leave in the Army, and he wanted to do some fishing before going back to Ft. Sill, Ok. Of course I obliged! He leaves on the 2nd, and because of the wacky weather, I deliberately waited until today...for the warm weather. The water was still "feet-numbingly" cold.

On top of the cold water, the water is still way low but we managed to have a FUN day! He caught 5 and I caught 6. All were GORGEOUS BASS. Here are pics of the best...

I started the day with a beautiful kicker...WOW!

Then another fat girl...

Then Ronnie started catching bass on the worms.

Ronnies biggest

Ronnie was getting the feel for the worm bite.

I finally caught one with a worm.

My secret weapon was a lure I've owned since college...the same age as Ronnie, 19 years old. It was catching the bigger bass today. I should have fished this earlier. Just look how beautiful this bass is. That is Peace River quality!

We were blessed with a great New Years Day.
Jackson Kayak Fishing Team
Orion Coolers
Bending Branches
Gibby3474

Re: Peace River - New Years Day 2013

Post by Gibby3474 »

Nice fish. Great photos. Looks like you had a great time! Where did you launch? In addition to plastic worms, what else did you catch them on?
Steve
www.kayakfishingsarasota.com
http://gibbysfishingblog.blogspot.com/
NuCanoe Pursuit
NuCanoe Pro Staff
Aqua-Bound Pro Staff
Rik

Post by Rik »

It was all due to the Tailin' Toads.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley

Post by 0119 »

Hey Pip, Hows the General? The bass have been fat down in Lettuce Lake but scattered by lots of airboat traffic.
Pip

Post by Pip »

0119 wrote:Hey Pip, Hows the General? The bass have been fat down in Lettuce Lake but scattered by lots of airboat traffic.
Hi Henry, last I heard The General is up in NC, seminary school, I think. I am now site admin for floridariverfishing.net now...we'd love to see you back. I've made some changes to the board. Check it out!

Gibby we floated from Payne's Creek State Park to Wauchula. Besides worms I was using a small Rapala.

First time using the Tailin' Toad gloves and love them! The feel so good... :rr:
Jackson Kayak Fishing Team
Orion Coolers
Bending Branches
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Airboats. BOOOOOO
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.