PFTS #2 - PICTURES

Rik

PFTS #2 - PICTURES

Post by Rik »

Please post them here!
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Re: PFTS #2 - PICTURES

Post by jbdba01 »

Kudos to Gambler Lures for sponsoring the tournament. I even managed to sneak out with an extra bag of paddletails to use on my next outing.

Caught bunches of stuff...took pictures of what made it to the boat. Figured there might be a mystery prize for weirdest slam.

I started with a needle fish - woohoo. Caught about 2-3 Jacks and 2 trout in the same vicinity. Lots of bait swirling around and panicking.

Lost a snook, circled back to the same place 20-30 minutes later and caught him (or a sibling).

Saw a catfish hit, but miss the lure. Hooked up on a mackerel that I lost (uber-fast retrieve worked), had a [big] Cobia briefly consider but give up on it. Spent 4 hours trying to close out the sheet on a third trout, but couldn't. Hooked up on a big trout that was pulling drag and I lost it within 10' of the boat - I believe everyone within 1/2 mile heard my choice words. Gator trout continue to be my nemesis.

Most fish were caught on the paddle tail, the large trout lost hit a tube lure worked near the surface. Was working it pretty fast and jerky.

Not exactly my best shots, but good enough for govt work.

My favorite shot...takes talent to pull that off.

JB
Flatz Komander

Post by Flatz Komander »

Thanks to Mike and Gambler Lures for sponsoring this tournament! Gambler Lures aren't just for bass!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

Chuck is having some computer issues, so he asked me to post these for him. I'll try to get mine up later this evening.

ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

I'm almost ashamed to post the picture of two of the tiny trout that I caught, and the jack wasn't more than a handful, but I can post them if someone wants them.

Rik

Post by Rik »

Thanks Chris, Chuck, Tony, Dave, Todd, Rusty and John. You guys really are helping the cause!

The rest of you that competed on Saturday, do you like getting free lures to try? You all got introduced to a couple new lures that you likely never would have tried and many had good success with them. I know, I saw the catch reports. As I said at the Pic n' Sip, all these lure companies want is some pics of the fish we catch with the free lures they give us. It really is a good trade.

I know you have pics as you had to take them in order to stand a chance at winning something. So, please, post them here, post them on Gambler's Facebook page or send them to me in email and I'll post them.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

Kind of confused here. I thought you wanted us to post our pictures on the Gambler Facebook page which I did on Sunday following the event. Didn't realize you wanted them here also.

Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
Rik

Post by Rik »

Sorry Steve, I missed you on the 'thank you' list. My main interest is getting them on the Gambler page. It's the best and most appreciated way of saying thanks to Gambler - along with buying their product.

The option of posting here or emailing are for those folks who don't use Facebook. I'll move them over.
rpiatt3

Post by rpiatt3 »

Here are some of the ones I caught during the tournament

Rik

Post by Rik »

Thanks Richard! I'll put them on Gambler's Facebook page
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

I didn't catch anything :(
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
rpiatt3

Post by rpiatt3 »

Heywood I saw you out there, the bite was slow it seemed at Bishops, but I'm surprised that you didn't catch anything there were a few little fishies biting out there.