Advice for Fishing Creeks around Homosassa during the Summer

MLB01

Advice for Fishing Creeks around Homosassa during the Summer

Post by MLB01 »

Need some advice from the experts concerning fishing creeks that feed into bays during the summer months, specifically talking about the area around Homosassa Bay, Fishbone Creek and those creeks that feed into the Bay and the Gulf.
During the winter and fall had great success catching reds and trout, during the last couple of months seem like the fish are not in those places they were in the winter/fall. Do the fish move out of these areas during the summer to deeper cooler water? Maybe I need to focus in areas closer to the mouth of these creeks where they empty to larger bodies of water.

Any advice would be appreciated, still trying to learn.

Thanks
Mark R

Re: Advice for Fishing Creeks around Homosassa during the Su

Post by Mark R »

They prolly move out more on to the flats. Watch more for gators.... and skeeters...and no-seeums.
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

Try to find the deep holes and work jigs or spoons through them slowly. The deep holes are usually on the outside of bends. I fish tidal creeks up in Steinhatchee all the time and they are very productive for reds and trout. Trout are usually in the deeper wider areas where there is some vegetation growing on the bottom though.

I love going up those creeks and I also throw a top water plug a lot too.
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve
MLB01

Post by MLB01 »

sfurman wrote:Try to find the deep holes and work jigs or spoons through them slowly. The deep holes are usually on the outside of bends. I fish tidal creeks up in Steinhatchee all the time and they are very productive for reds and trout. Trout are usually in the deeper wider areas where there is some vegetation growing on the bottom though.

I love going up those creeks and I also throw a top water plug a lot too.

Thanks for advice