Shoulders

Rik

Re: Shoulders

Post by Rik »

Listen to you youngsters whine......
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Well this "youngster" pulled his right deltoid about a month and a half ago. But I have to keep working...to keep getting a paycheck. In compensating for my tender right shoulder, I tweaked my left shoulder a bit. So I have to be careful how I left things or move both of them. Left is fine now and the right is finally improving to where it doesn't keep me up at night. At rest it was never a sharp pain, but a dull always there. Easy to ignore while awake, but darn persistent at night. Had a couple tough weeks sleeping.
Not to whine but I have had to decline invitations to fish, both kayak and stinkpot, to keep from aggravating it. Still don't think I could lift my kayak but it's getting close. But I cannot afford to hurt it again in trying, so I don't. Not until it feels "right" again.
Luckily it is healing with being (or trying to be) careful and not move certain ways. So for this go round I don't have to face the knife decision.
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

Of course as Rik and Shamus will tell you it's hard for me to take it easy at the gym, just not my nature.
How would I know I haven't been in the gym in forever. Actually want to get back in there but I know the minute I do POP goes the lower back.
0 0 1
Ump608

Post by Ump608 »

Oh come on man, you made a cameo a few weeks ago...........
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

Going to try this week. Ask your son for some exercises to help with an old back.
0 0 1
Ump608

Post by Ump608 »

I'll pass it on, he's now opening. So he is there working from 4:45am till 9am. But he will be there in after school this week to workout around 4:30pm- 5pm. What time are you going?
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

What kind of sick minded commie bastard would leave the warmth of a bed to go work out at 4:45 am, did Navy Seals land on Siesta Beach?

I get there around 4 or 5 depending on work.
0 0 1
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

4:30 -5:00 every other day.
0 0 1
MLB01

Post by MLB01 »

sfurman wrote:Okay, so who has shoulder problems, I don’t know why but my shoulders have been killing me, especially my left shoulder, the right one only once in a while. Not sure why yet but, I may have to get them looked at. Anyway, anyone else out there with shoulder problems? Is there an exercise I could do that would help? I really don’t want to start doing any drugs but I am sure that is what the doctor will tell me. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Please feel free to PM me and would be glad to help you or anyone else needing assistance in this area. My area of expertise, work with professional baseball players, and common occurrence with pitchers. There are programs that are specific for the shoulder and rotator cuff, will not say for what team :D
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

Actually it is feeling much better, I think it is probably being caused by the way I am sleeping on it. I sleep on my side and I used to extend my arm up over my head and basically rest my head on my shoulder. I think my lead head was just putting too much strain on it. I have since lowered my arm to my side and try to sleep more on the other side too. It is feeling much better as a result. Still has a slight twinge to it but at least I can lift my arm at the drive through.

I appreciate the offer though.
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve
Rik

Post by Rik »

sfurman: "Hey Doc, when I do this it hurts."

Doctor: "Stop doing that."
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

Exactly! :cheers:
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve