Two Tarpon Were Caught Today

Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Two Tarpon Were Caught Today

Post by Manning »

Two guys went fishing this morning and both landed the silver king. Conditions were less than perfect. We had storms all around us, but they stayed far enough away for us to stay our until about 9. Dave hooked up first with a nice fish that he had boat side in about 10 minutes.

A while later, using one of Dave's magic baits, I hooked up on a nice fish. (I got there late this morning and Dave said he had lots of bait and to just take what I needed from his bucket. I tell you he does something to those bait fish. Some secret Legend mojo stuff. Dave has caught 6 fish this year and I have been with him during 5 of them. This is my first catch of the year and I was using a bait fish from his bucket.) It took me about 20 minutes to get the fish up to the boat. I grabbed the leader and had it right along side the boat when it gave one last big head shake and the leader broke right about where the loop knot was. So no beauty shot.

Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Re: Two Tarpon Were Caught Today

Post by shamus »

I really need to talk to someone about this work thing. It's starting to get in the way of EVERYTHING !!!
0 0 1
fishshooter99

Re: Two Tarpon Were Caught Today

Post by fishshooter99 »

Great pictures. I think he needs to bottle and sell that bait mojo.
Gary
expatriate Floridian living in the foriegn land of Georgia