Redfish in Palma Sola

Flamingo to Big Bend
SPORTSFAN

Redfish in Palma Sola

Post by SPORTSFAN »

Just thought I would share today's fishing in Palma Sola. Caught a nice 24.5 Redfish, followed by a 21.5 and a couple others approx 18" give or take. Also a small trout, a few catfish but did hook into a good sized Ray. It pulled me around for quite awhile. I'm thinking it was practice to when and if a Tarpon takes me to school. Plan to be back out there tomorrow for more fun. Jules :D
Yamon

Re: Redfish in Palma Sola

Post by Yamon »

I fished Perico Bayou on friday morning and caught a 26" and 28" redfish. That second one was a fun fight. Picked up a baby hammerhead shark and snook as well. Great morning.....
fishshooter99

Post by fishshooter99 »

Nice report. I fished Palma Sola and Perico a few times early last week with less than stellar tides. I caught several jacks, a couple small snook, and various other trash on top water. Sounds like things got better with more water. Good job.
Gary
expatriate Floridian living in the foriegn land of Georgia
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

The "baby hammerhead" was no doubt a bonnet head shark. Look like a baby hammerhead but they are flat dwellers and rarely get more than four feet long. Good job on they reds! But as far as them being practice for tarpon? Not so much. :bom:
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
SPORTSFAN

Post by SPORTSFAN »

I am going to try and head into Perico Bay this week maybe Thurs or Fri. I was in Palma Sola today dodging jetskis. Two small Reds and a mess of catfish. From a fishing standpoint it was disappointing but any day you get to spend on the water in my view is a good day.
Shoutout to Gary ! Hey this is Jules, the guy with the Big Tuna from last week.