Polar Bear tubes

Rik

Polar Bear tubes

Post by Rik »

Becasue we have such a polar bear problem down here.....

NO, this is a pretty cool idea for your cooler. Your Paddle-Fishing.com monogrammed cooler, of course.

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/make-polar-bear-tubes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Re: Polar Bear tubes

Post by Manning »

That is kind of a high tech approach to what I have been doing for awhile now. I keep a couple plastic water bottles in my freezer. I then throw them into my Polar Bear soft side cooler. Doesn't keep things as cold at ice, but not bad. After the fishing trip I just put the bottles back in the freezer for next time.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
fishshooter99

Post by fishshooter99 »

Cool idea. I have been using large Listerine bottles for many years for the same purpose. I probably have about a dozen in the freezer. They are tough for repeated use and are flat so they stack well. Not to mention minty fresh breath!
Gary
expatriate Floridian living in the foriegn land of Georgia
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

If you own a Seal -a- Meal you can make a bag that fits perfectly in the bottom of your bag. Just fill the bag with water and freeze.
0 0 1
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

shamus wrote:If you own a Seal -a- Meal you can make a bag that fits perfectly in the bottom of your bag. Just fill the bag with water and freeze.
Dahl! Now that's a goo idea I never thought of.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve