Used kayak purchasing

Does color influence a kayak purchase?

Yes, color does matter regardless of price.
40%
No, the right kayak is about substance, not style.
60%

Total votes: 35

Rev. Tom

Used kayak purchasing

Post by Rev. Tom »

Reading the classifieds forum and the bargaining/haggling that goes on there has me wondering: If your "dream" kayak was for sale--used--and in a color you despise (perhaps hot pink with a custom "CorkSmoker" painted down both sides, or if you like the sound of this then insert whatever is hideous in your eyes) would you still make the purchase if the price was right?
"My knowledge can only be finite, while my ignorance must, necessarily, be infinite."
--Karl Popper
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

pink might be going a little too far. I passed on a good deal because of the color once and have regreted it ever since.
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

http://cybermessageboard.ehost.com/paddlef/viewtopic.php?t=1

Post by Norm »

Color would only be a factor if it was a really dark color because of the heat factor...but I think I would probably pass on a pink one as well :roll:

Norm
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
Terrapin

Post by Terrapin »

I know a guy who bought a purple/ pinkish looking Prism kayak because the price was right. I was with him when he bought it. I actually talked him into buying it. I pretty much suck as a friend.
"Cheap women, cheap wine, cheap money, cheap time these things do not exist..."
Vercetti

Post by Vercetti »

I just passed on a $150 or so discount on a brand new t160i because it was not the color I wanted. Canoe Country got the color I wanted so tomorrow I'm paying full price, and I'm glad I made that decision. (even though camo is pretty hideous) the way I see it is if i'm ponying up the cash, I'm getting the one I want.
- Jon
bluz-fisher

Post by bluz-fisher »

If I'm ponying up the cash and can save $150, the color won't matter (unless it's pink!) I got lucky with my used SPTW...it's that reeeeeely fast yellow color :lol:
James
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

the color doesnt matter as long as ya like it ;)
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
GetRwet

Post by GetRwet »

Terrapin wrote:I know a guy who bought a purple/ pinkish looking Prism kayak because the price was right. I was with him when he bought it. I actually talked him into buying it. I pretty much suck as a friend.
I think I saw that yak on the water once, :shock: , damm ugly, is he still your friend. :lol: :lol:
Paddling....Nature.....Peace....................& Plugs!
MIKE I

Post by MIKE I »

Terp is right, he pretty much sucks as a friend. :wink:
Phi-4:6-7
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

I picked yellow because I did not want any drunk rednecks running me down in their john boats. It has worked so far
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
Tree-Bone

Post by Tree-Bone »

I will NEVER, EVER buy another YELLOW yak.
My current yak is a yellow Scupper Pro and it is gonna have to go some day soon. Probably put a milk crate in it and sell it to Neil, he'll buy anything.
If I keep using it I will need neck surgery because of 'whiplash". That color accelerates so fast it damn near does wheelies.

I'm thinkin orange for the next one.

TB
TroutTracker

Post by TroutTracker »

Tree-Bone wrote:That color accelerates so fast it damn near does wheelies.
TB
Hmmm Tree-Bone, you may be on to something there, I have a yellow scupper also.
Didn't think about the acceleration factor of it, thats probably how I managed to fall out, I wasn't strapped in for the G-Force acceleration I experienced. :shock:
Yeller Scupper Pro

John
Rev. Tom

Post by Rev. Tom »

I am impressed, and it has nothing to do with the poll. I figured the way I described the kayak this thread would have quickly spiraled (downwardly, I might add) into a croc-discussing/bashing thread. I almost put a disclaimer in the original post about crocs and how they should in no way affect (or intrude in on) the poll. I never cease to be amazed by what I read (or don't) in this forum.

Rev. Tom
"My knowledge can only be finite, while my ignorance must, necessarily, be infinite."
--Karl Popper
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

http://cybermessageboard.ehost.com/paddlef/viewtopic.php?t=1

Post by Norm »

:roll: you did it now Rev....usually just the mention of the C word is all it takes.

Norm
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
SnookSlayer

Post by SnookSlayer »

Well, I personally think that color doesnt matter unless its an odd color or black,you dont wanna get stuck out there in anything dark unless u wanna burn.
RedfishSlayer

Post by RedfishSlayer »

I think SnookLayer is full of crap. :lol:
Michael