From shore ~ 6-16-06

Flamingo to Big Bend
prowler13angler

From shore ~ 6-16-06

Post by prowler13angler »

Let me start from the 14th, Me and my friend who is now hooked on fishing, went to a local spot where we can ride our bikes and just have a good ole time. While fishing, i see a little pop under the bridge where i was fishing, while Ian was a outside the bridge a bit, I yelled something was busting bait when he started going crazy! "Jon, Jon!!! look!!!!" I go running, to see the whole intire "Bay" was gull of little explosions, and seagulls flying everywhere! The madness lasted about 2 minutes, and Ian pulled one jack from above the bridge, little, but it really made his day :D I was proud :lol:

Today i got call "Jon, its beat around here do not come into work today" Good and bad in both ways...I immediately called Ian for smore' feeshin!!! :lol: "Heck ya ill be at your house in 15 min!" Done deal. We rode our bike's up to that same spot a little long ride, but it really makes catching a fish worth it 8)

We got there, the tide was low and coming threw the canal fast, Perfect conditions. Ian didn't catch anything today :( But i caught a small snook within' the first 10 minutes, then 10 minutes later caught a sweet red! :D The redfish put up a hell of a fight around the pilings with my "T.V drag" on ;) And my leader was beat from all the oysters. Good day, tomorrow we will be doing the same, but hitting more places i think. My mom will for sure have something to say as i got a little to much sun today.

Enjoy!!

(My photographer was snapping allot of photo's for your enjoyment :lol: )

Ian's jack:

My snook:

My red (5 spotter!):

Skeeter

Post by Skeeter »

Damn nice Red P13 and another good day.
I think you guys must be taking pictures of two or three fishing trips while wearing the same clothes.
:wink:
Keep up the good work there buddy, I enjoy your reports.
Last edited by Skeeter on Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fishin Worms and Investment Advice Inc.
Hornetbear

Post by Hornetbear »

great report.

Is your buddy your age?

You look like youre about 25 years old compared to him

Youre yoked! Look at those bicepts! Grow a beard and keep it real!

Im kidding. Sort of. Good job. Youre becoming a great fisherman.

You might think about getting into the low paying world of being a fishing guide when you get older.

If you want to make real money get a paper route. Or stuff envelopes.

I dig your reports. Keep it up. I need to step it up. Youre outfishing me.

Look out Mogan man, Prowler13 is hot on your heels and he only uses artificial lures!

-hb
prowler13angler

Post by prowler13angler »

Thanks allot hornetbear. + Skeeter! :lol:

Yes we are the same age, he is actually older than me :lol:

Most of time, online, on the water, outdoors, is all about fishing and the great outdoors. I really hope one day, all my time will pay off and i will get a career somewhere down the road in fishing. Whether I'm a guide or work in the fishing section at walmart, i love it.

Just imagine getting paid, for taking people fishing. I can only hope for the best.
Rev. Tom

Post by Rev. Tom »

If you'd really like to guide then may I make a few suggestions:

1. Learn how to judge techniques (e.g. casting, retrieving, fighting a fish and so on). Just because you can do it well does not mean you can recognize the same in others.
2. Learn how to critique a person's technique so they will happily take the advice. That will go a long way.
3. Keep doing the other stuff you are doing like catching fish in various locales using many different methods.

Not saying you aren't doing all these already, but only #3 is really evident from your reports.

Once you become a guide what kind of discount does the success-guaranteeing advice above get me? :wink:
"My knowledge can only be finite, while my ignorance must, necessarily, be infinite."
--Karl Popper
islander

Post by islander »

Wow. I didnt realize there were fish in that river! The only thing I've ever hooked was a mudfish. Cool pics.

Careful what you wish for, I used to love cars....
www.lemonbayconservancy.org
LHolman

Post by LHolman »

Great report, keep it up.

Larry