Recommended product -TAME YOUR LURE!

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
prowler13angler

Recommended product -TAME YOUR LURE!

Post by prowler13angler »

As most of you know, i ride my bike to allot of my fishing spots, and strapping a rod to my backpack with a lure that has 2 trouble hooks, isn't the best idea. I always get the hooks stuck either in my backpack, or on my shirt sleeve and it does get pretty old.

Problem solved!! LURE TAMERS!

A great product that will keep your lure enclosed in a case, while your traveling or just want to keep your hooks away from anything!

http://luretamer.com/

Chief1600

Post by Chief1600 »

What will those Cadillac people think of next?
Jim - snooty elitist

"Of all pursuits mankind has devised to make you look stupid and uncoordinated, fly fishing is unquestionably number one." Jack Ohman, Fear of Fly Fishing
Tred'nWater

Post by Tred'nWater »

Those look pretty nice. I've tried the lure wraps that Bass Pro in the past and liked them as well, but I've lost them over the years.

Good idea protecting yourself for your travels. When I was younger and had to ride my bike to the lakes around me, at times my friends and I would ride our bikes with our entire tackleboxes balanced on the frame and our rods in our hands sticking out in front of the handlebars! Let me tell ya, it sucks when you have to make a quick turn since ya can't turn the handlebars with the tacklebox in the way, and forget hitting the brakes hard with rods in your hand and BOY does it suck when a lure comes loose and snags in the spokes as your ridin' down the road!

Needless to say, I wish I had those Lure Tamers back then!
It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Wow that brings back many scary memories too, riding bicycles laiden down with fishing tackle, tackle box and seat perched precariously across the handlebars.

I almost cried when my rodtip caught the floor and I couldn't reach the rbakes, first time I saw fibreglass snap. Of course when i got home i did cry as I had to explain to my parents how that nice shiny new rod was now a 3 piece rod! :oops:

I carry a rod or two in the back of my truck at all times, so i think I'll have to invest in a couple of those.
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton

Post by 0119 »

Hey prowler13angler, check out Wal-Mart or Bass Pro. They have a rod holder that attaches to your bikes rear hub axle. Costs $11 I think. Made of coated metal rod bent into a spiral to hold your rod upright.
prowler13angler

Hmm...thanks
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

I had a rod holder on my bike until about a week ago when it eventually broke. Piece of 1 1/4" pvc zip tied to the frame.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
prowler13angler

I have them on my backpack, but homemade ones.