Fishin' alone or with a friend??

Would you rather paddle/fish alone or with a friend?

alone
30%
with a friend
28%
doesn't matter as long as I'm fishin'
42%

Total votes: 53

LivelyBaits

Post by LivelyBaits »

Here's a little ditty someone wrote for you people who wrote that you only fish alone.

I fish alone, yeah with nobody else

/ E7 - - - - - - - /

{Refrain}
I fish alone, yeah with nobody else
Yeah, you know when I fish alone
I prefer to be by myself

/ E7 - - - - - - / C7 - D7 - / E7 - - - /

Now, every morning just before breakfast
I don't want no coffee or tea
Just me and my good Clouser Minnow
That's all I ever need

/ E - / / / /

'Cause I fish alone, yeah with nobody else...

Yeah, the other night I lay sleepin'
And I woke from a terrible dream
So I called up my pal Mirrominnow
And his partner Mirro Dine

And we fished alone, yeah with nobody else

Yeah, the other day I got invited to a party
But I stayed home instead
Just me and my pal Skitter Walk
And his brothers, who were Chartreuse and Red

And we fish alone, yeah...

Yeah, my whole family done give up on me
And it makes me feel oh so bad
The only one who'll hang out with me
Is my dear Old Granddad

And we fish alone, yeah...

Yeah, you know when I fish alone
I prefer to be by myself

I FISH alone
pee-dash-eff, "Desperate. H.W"
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

It very much depends on the company, if it's with good friends I'll be having a good time.

Strangers, I can't handle anymore, that's why you don't see me at the Goomba's and such.
I fish to get away from it all, to slip into another reality. With likeminded friends I can still manage to find that Nirvana, with others I just want to be as far away as I can get.

When this community was smaller and more tight knit I could deal with the crowd, nowadays, they just annoy me.

As for the buddy arriving late, no problems, because I'll be out on the water when they finally get there. Once we're on the water we'll probably end up fishing different areas anyway, that's what radios are for!

So you won't see me posting open invitations anytime soon. 8)
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
mudfoot

Post by mudfoot »

John wrote:It very much depends on the company, if it's with good friends I'll be having a good time.

Strangers, I can't handle anymore, that's why you don't see me at the Goomba's and such.
I fish to get away from it all, to slip into another reality. With likeminded friends I can still manage to find that Nirvana, with others I just want to be as far away as I can get.

When this community was smaller and more tight knit I could deal with the crowd, nowadays, they just annoy me.

As for the buddy arriving late, no problems, because I'll be out on the water when they finally get there. Once we're on the water we'll probably end up fishing different areas anyway, that's what radios are for!

f'n elitest :wink:
"YOU GOT NUTTIN!"
Thetroutsniffer

Post by Thetroutsniffer »

My buddies who paddle know what they are doing. I enjoy the company. We all split up and meet back at a designated beer drinking sandbar when the tide goes slack. Dont mind fishing alone either
paddlaroun

Post by paddlaroun »

I usually catch more fishing alone. Most of us go different ways when we fish togetther anyway.
Dan Native 12
"Sleep in fish late"

"I know the waters cold! Wet your hand anyway!!!"
seeinred

Post by seeinred »

I only fish alone for the most part, besides when I go fishing with my dad but from my kayak I have only fished with someone else maybe 3 times.

Lately though, I've been fishing with ALL kinds of people...
For more kayak fishing reports, tips, and fishing charters please visit;
http://tampabaykayakcharters.com/

Spencer
rsbeachbum2

Post by rsbeachbum2 »

I like fishing with my friends. It scares me to fish alone with only my thoughts. :(
Grit

Post by Grit »

Very clever Neil.
ettienne

Post by ettienne »

I fish alone, mostly because I grew tired of dragging some one else's azz out of bed, or hearing "depends what the weather will be like", plus I enjoy my own company :)
If you are going through hell, keep going.
Winston Churchill
fishinfoflounder

Post by fishinfoflounder »

John wrote:It very much depends on the company, if it's with good friends I'll be having a good time.

Now I'm starting to agree with you, Very Scary.
Half the reason I got a Kayak was so I could fish alone or with people that have the same passion for fishing I do. I hate fishing with the mobs. Broad River here in SC gets so congested sometimes you could almost walk across it on boats.
I try to fish where no one else is. I just enjoy the solitude unless I'm in the company of really good friends. Yeah I have a couple.
DAILY THOUGHT: MOST PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY
BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
Paul
PFTS SPONSOR
PFTS SPONSOR

Post by Paul »

I'm good either way....I would not invite someone to go fishing with if I did not like them or their style of fishing

When i kayak fish with by buddies we always spread out...so it is like fishing alone, but someone is also near by if needed
Paul Silvernail
"Pimpin' ain't easy....but it's neccessary"