5%
Seaguar
62%
Other
32%

Total votes: 37

FishingDL

Post by FishingDL »

Seaguar was the first one I used. It worked well and the knots were never a problem so I have stuck with it. I use 20lb test most of the time but have had occasion to use 30 and 40.

Todd - If I used pink fishing line I don't think I would admit it on a public forum.
Dave
-------------------------------------------------------
Is your fish dripping?

(11-01) 235 - (1-22) 215
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

Saw an article where the author's opion was that mono was better for certain fish because it wasn't as stiff as fluorocarbon and the fish didn't spit it as readily.
0 0 1
LivelyBaits

Post by LivelyBaits »

Mono works just fine on trout but if you're after a snook, a fluorocarbon or fluorocoated leader is going to mean that you will last in a battle with a snook. I think that the visibility factor means a little but realistically, the fluoro leader is meaningful for absorbing some serious shock and potential stress and abrasion. As I already alluded: Fluorocoated isn't as abrasion resistant as fluorocarbon and mono is less abrasion resistant than monofilament.

If you're going for trout trips only, you can put a spool of mono on your reel and forego a leader altogether.
pee-dash-eff, "Desperate. H.W"
srsfsu

Post by srsfsu »

I like the Seaguar Premium 18# and 35#. For some reason I like these in between sizes and don't mind shelling out a couple extra bucks for it. That 18 is so thin yet holds up great to big fish.
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

Todd wrote:Yozuri pink. Have had no problems and it comes in a nice small spool, easier to carry on a kayak.
I just bought some...It better be good..your right about the spool tho' everone should have it that size
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

Another question, Are the bulk spools of fluorocarbon of say 300yd spools the same stuff as the 25 yd pricey leader material?
I stopped by Discount Tackle to get some repalacement trebles and aksed the above question.

The long and short of the answer was " well as long as it is 100% fluorocarbon ....Yes"
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
X-Capt Bill

Post by X-Capt Bill »

I believe that Triplefish was once made by the same company that made Ande years ago. I assume it still is. I used it on my customer reels for years and it performed well. I would still buy it but I don't see it around very often. I haven't tried the Flouro though.
XCB
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

I have had no troubles with vanish..... :? I'll try seaguar next time tho, gotta use the rest of the vanish
"I tell you now we won't give in
Without a vicious fight, We've been battered and left for dead, We've been beaten and we have bled-Versus the world" ~Amon Amarth
X-Capt Bill

Post by X-Capt Bill »

Toss the Vanish! Either that or use it to tie up the body on some Carl Hanson Glass Minnows.
XCB
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

Tripple fish sucks. It has a great tendency to peel like string cheese at any knicks in the line. I thought that Vanish had added plasticizers to lessen its memory and threrfore make it suitable for spooling up an entire reel. I currently use 3 brands: Yo-Zuri HD, Seagar (until the spools run out in the 30, 40, 50, and 80lb strengths) that will be replaced with the Yo-Zuri, and Rio for the light stuff in the 8x to 01x range (4lb to 12lb).
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
Snook712

Post by Snook712 »

Yozuri 15Lb for the flats and 20 or 30 Lb for the structure. I like the pink and it is easy to tie with bad eyes and low light. I have had no problems with knots slipping or lost fish.
Hooked on Youth Fishing Team - Sponsored by Cat Crap Lip Balm
"Fishing for the Future"
Ultimate 12 (Green)
Malibu Stealth 14 (Sand)
Roger
X-Capt Bill

Post by X-Capt Bill »

Triple fish mono or flouro sucks? Like I said I haven't tried the flouro but a field test of the mono that included the assistance of nearly 500 tarpon made me a believer. Of course I'm talking about over 15 years ago and things change. I'd be interested to know if the mono is an inferior product now.
XCB
Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer »

I like the Yozuri pink........but also use Vanish. Both fit in my budget.
GO-Fish

Re: http://www.paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1805

Post by GO-Fish »

Shortcast wrote:
Todd wrote:Yozuri pink. Have had no problems and it comes in a nice small spool, easier to carry on a kayak.
Ditto :!:

Im still using up the rest of my Seagar, but I really have been satisfied with the Yozuri and its so convenient.
Same here. Small spools are great for the kayak. Never had a problem with it.