Back from trip to Baja

Let's hear reports from other places.
Jim Sammons LJKF

Back from trip to Baja

Post by Jim Sammons LJKF »

Well we had a great group on this trip, which made up for less than perfect conditions. We had to deal with quite a bit of wind on this trip and a lot of man-o-war. The fishing was not the best we have ever had down there but some great fish were caught. We caught Dorado, Skip jack, Pompano, Toro, and Yellowfin tuna up to 35lbs.
The hotel is in great condition and they have remodeled all of the rooms in the main building, they are plush. We had the new kayaks down there including two of the new Prowler Big Games, These kayaks were rock solid stable and a very dry ride, very important when the M-O-W were floating around.
Here are a few shots from the trip, I did not take too many as we had a photographer on the trip with us and I was taking video. I will post more when he sends the disc.
Some of our group at dinner
Vince's Toro
A day without wind
Vince's Morado Amber Jack
Kelly's Dorado

I promised Bill that I would wait to post the "after he left report"
Well as it turned out the day Bill left was in fact our best day of fishing. WE had to deal with some big water which made one of our group sick, but the fish did chew a bit better than the rest of the days. Jeff landed two 35lb Yellowfin we also got a couple of nice Skipjack and six Dorado.
Like I said a slower than normal trip for us down there but a great group and good times. I have trips heading down again in July, August and October if anyone is interested.
Jim Sammons
La Jolla Kayak Fishing
www.Kayak4Fish.com
www.KayakFishingmovie.com
www.EastCapeKayakFishing.com
mudfoot

Post by mudfoot »

I'm there last week of June :D
"YOU GOT NUTTIN!"
Jim Sammons LJKF

Post by Jim Sammons LJKF »

That should be a great time to be there. If fishing the kayaks bring somthing to carry live bait such as a bait tube and you will do better than with just artificials. If you catch a skipjack, cut it into strips and drift them on the surface, deadly for the Dorado.
Jim Sammons
La Jolla Kayak Fishing
www.Kayak4Fish.com
www.KayakFishingmovie.com
www.EastCapeKayakFishing.com
Rik

Post by Rik »

Mudfoot knows how to use bait. I've seen it!
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley