S.O.T.E. Destination Page?

Should we have a SOTE destination page?

Yes: New areas to fish would be a benefit to us all.
65%
No: I prefer to save the S.O.T.E. fishing area for a select few.
17%
Remove the Destinations page all together
18%

Total votes: 83

Skeeter

S.O.T.E. Destination Page?

Post by Skeeter »

There seems to be some mixed feelings about the need for adding the launch spots South of the Skyway to destinations page section.
I thought an impartial poll might be helpful.
Fishin Worms and Investment Advice Inc.
Hornetbear

Re: S.O.T.E. Destination Page?

Post by Hornetbear »

Skeeter wrote:There seems to be some mixed feelings about the need for adding the launch spots South of the Skyway to destinations page section.
I thought an impartial poll might be helpful.
I'm not sure the wording of the poll is going to get you an impartial result. Seems pretty biased to the "yes"

Here's the answer you're looking for.

http://www.sarasotaboating.com/boatramp.html

It's that easy.
Last edited by Hornetbear on Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skeeter

Post by Skeeter »

Thanks HB, thats a helpful link for boat owners.
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

http://cybermessageboard.ehost.com/paddlef/viewtopic.php?t=1

Post by Norm »

Its always been my understanding that there just aren't any fish SOTE :roll:

Besides...after two OLC's and only one undersized trout to show for them, I have to kinda agree :?

Norm
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
catchusum

Post by catchusum »

After living in sarasota for 18 years, I like fishing up here better (terra ceia and the bay)
7/0/0
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

I have a TopSpot Map and I think it shows 90% of the SOTE hotspots. The rest, I'll get on my own or coerce them out of someone. Post them or or don't. I'll find them. But since I caught my big girl snook NOTE today, I'm not sure I care. :D
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
Skeeter

Post by Skeeter »

Not sure I really care either Terry and I hope everybody knows I'm just joking with my SOTE fishing buddies about holding an "impartial" pole.
We have all been waiting for Daver to get started on the SOTE page but I know he has been real busy chasing tarpon with his fly stick.
I have had several people PM me about adding another option to the poll which is removing the destinations page all together.
The poll wont allow me to add it but personally I think it may be an idea worth considering.
JohnS

Post by JohnS »

Being able to find a new put in spot in the area I want to check out is pretty handy, it's saved me a lot of gas and time. I don't like using boat ramps in general, most aren't set up for beach landings very well or have a seawal of some sort that stops it entirely.

No one's gotten mobbed yet (that I know of), I don't think there's a lot of worry, posted or not.
Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind. The race is long and, in the end, it's only with yourself.
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Ya know. It's never a good thing to get drunk and go on the computer. Nothing good ever comes of it.
Last edited by DaveR on Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
GetRwet

Post by GetRwet »

Me thinks maybe posting any "hot spots" for just anyone to be pointed to may not be such a good idea. Lurkers(who don't contribute or even join) & Stink Pot owners from all over that think Yakers know all the honey holes, may not be such a good thing either!!!!!!!

Locations that are available on Top Spots and such maps are a good place to start looking SOTE or NOTE. Drive around and look for a place to launch nearby a selected location. Thats what I do, as many others looking for a new place to explore. A GPS becomes worth its weight in gold when doing this too.

You can buy the maps locally!!!! Putting them on the site opens it up to anyone in the world. :shock: I personally am not trying to come off stingy by saying this. But I personally want to protect my local waters as much as I can. People not from here are usually the ones that throw trash out, plow through our flats, ect. ect. Being that lots will also rent a boat locally adds to this. Because its not their boat they seem to care less about what they are doing in so many ways! I have seen this first hand many times.

I lived in Tampa for 30yrs and have done much of my fishing there before moving south. The fishing is still good there!!! Unfortunatly the water is not as clean. :cry: Tampa has become so polluted since I was a kid. Tampa bay off the Bayshore used to be clear as the Keys in the 70's. Now look at it (or don't, because you may see a terd floating by) :shock: The waters SOTE are not as so, and I personally would like to keep them that way as long as possible!!!!!!!

This site is dedicated to us discussing our fishing from paddle vessels, not giving the whole world a open door to come fish our spots/locations. They will come eventually, but lets not help speed up the process. Also this site is a good way to make fishing buddies & even good friends. Meetting up with someone that will show you stuff locally, & you returning in kind is way better. Myself living in Sarasota have met with some fellows from Tampa. I have taken them to a few spots & one even landed his largest Red ever a few weeks ago. Yet I met them, knew them, and became friends and had no problems taking them fishing to my spots that I fish locally.

My Nickel........

Removing the Dest. Page is fine by me. I have been catching before this site or others had such things and will continue to find my own locations and fish. Thats part of the thrill to me anyhow I feel. :)
Last edited by GetRwet on Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Paddling....Nature.....Peace....................& Plugs!
MarkM
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by MarkM »

Look what you started, Gary..... :lol:
JSnooky

Post by JSnooky »

I say "FIND YOUR OWN D*%#ED SPOTS!!! - we are surrounded by water for Gosh Sake. (wow I managed to refrain from actually cussing on the message board Rik). Beside's isn't it more fun to stalk the guys who are actually catching fish and then JUMP THEIR HOLE!!!
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

DaveR has such an eloquent way with words I am really looking forward to the new SOTE destination page he is working on. From what I understand from the new management is that this new page will set the standard for all other destination pages.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
ratherbefishin

destinations

Post by ratherbefishin »

I LIKE the destinations page. Don't catch any fish, but I like the destinations page.
Curt

Well, hell, SOMEBODY has to catch lizardfish.
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Get rid of it, I created and now wish it was dead!

Ditto everything GetRwet said!
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Good idea John. Trash the NOTE destination page and replace it with the new and improved SOTE one!
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM