6-24-06~Offshore~Dolphin, King, and a fish of a lifetime!

Flamingo to Big Bend
cubs83

6-24-06~Offshore~Dolphin, King, and a fish of a lifetime!

Post by cubs83 »

6-24-06~Offshore East Coast~Dolphin, King, and a fish of a lifetime!!!

David and I started our 4th East Coast trip in a month off Friday afternoon. We were wary of the weather, but forecast predicted perfect conditions for Saturday. We decided to do some shark fishing the night before to get in all the fishing we can. We got out to the Jupiter area and arrived to rough seas and thick weeds in the surf...

We got one shark bait out (after being continuously pummeled by the surf) before weeds started to gather and resulting in us breaking the rig off.

Well...so much for that idea. So we drove out to Boynton and found a little Park to sleep at as pg6922 joined us. We awoke at 4:45 with the same conditions as the night before and decided to wait another hour or two before deciding if it was worth launching or not. I got a call from NickC at 7 saying he had some bait for us if we wanted. Well that made up our mind and we launched the kayak there at the inlet. After Nick loading me up with 18 or so baits, and David caught about a dozen or so more, we were set! Thanks Nick!!! I owe you!

We paddled out from the inlet to the 150 foot depths and started our drift. I had a nice dolphin (5# or so) blow up on one of my baits, but a swing and a miss. I drifted a few more minutes and got a nice run on my Torium. I set into it and the dolphin jumped twice out of the water during the 5-10 minute fight and brought this 9#, 31" fork length dolphin up for pictures...

We were happy to finally see a bigger dolphin.

We had a few more drifts and got a few bonita, a 3-4 foot "reef" shark, and hooked another small dolphin.

Pat ended up the day trolling a Stretch 25 and nailed this nice 10# king...his first...way to go Pat!

The sun was beating down on us and we decided to call it a day so we paddled back to the pier to load up and with one bait left, David threw it right next to the pilings...and got an instant hookup! Drag screaming and David holding on for dear life. After a 5 minute fight that seemed to last forever with the fish getting "rocked up" in the structure 3 times...David landed this 25# (guesstimate) Snook. The ruler put it just over 40"...an awesome snook and David's biggest...

Monstrous!

I towed David to help him revive it...after a minute or so it was good to go and it was on its way!

What a great day! Thank you lord for blessing us.

Shane, David, and Pat
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

What a fabulous snook! Growing up in SE Florida, those were the norm. But it has been way too long since I've seen a snook of that size. A true beauty! Way to go, Dave!

Another great report.
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
Skeeter

Post by Skeeter »

Real nice snook guys and great report.
Fishin Worms and Investment Advice Inc.
Mako

Post by Mako »

you guys are something else :D great report

I guess I'll have to add to my list of things to do this year: catch fish like Shane, David, and Pat :wink: if that is possible :roll:
Peter
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
Erick
"Mister OLC"
"Mister OLC"

Post by Erick »

Impressive work. Congrats on the nice fish.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jim Valvano

{{>=====<}} <'))))><ing
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

:shock: David that is one nasty snook. Great Job!
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
JKL

Post by JKL »

Awsome Snook !!
Vercetti

Post by Vercetti »

I guess those are pretty decent fish... 8)
- Jon
blindcast

Post by blindcast »

Great Post and very nice Snook!
LHolman

Post by LHolman »

Just one word, awesome!

Larry
snookdude

Post by snookdude »

Dayum! That is a nice snook.
kayak1

Post by kayak1 »

Impressive
prowler13angler

Post by prowler13angler »

I love the picture of him towing the fish...Put some elevator music behind it and turn it into a video. ;)
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

always with the KICK AZZ reports!!!