12/16 cape fear NC

Let's hear reports from other places.
uncdub13

12/16 cape fear NC

Post by uncdub13 »

After reading all y'alls good reports from today, i'm thinkin there was somethin to do with the moon maybe that had the fish feeding because we slayed em here too several hundred miles to the north.

The reds are in their wintertime patterns here, schooled up tight. All it takes is a warm day to make them active and agressive, and when you find the schools...watch out. Today was one of those days. It was 3 of us fishin today and we caught somewhere around 60-70 reds among us in a few hours. Mostly 18-20" fish but some nicer ones too, some were at the top or over the slot. The fish were schooled up in 1-2 feet of water over oyster bottom tryin to get warm i assume. DOA shrimp, spinnerbaits, gulp...didn't really matter. I stayed busy catchin and less busy takin pics but i managed to snap a few..

~27"

double-up on the lil guys...ignore the accidental gesture..

I'll take better photos next time i promise.
Vercetti

Post by Vercetti »

Nice reds dude. Whats the water temp up there these days?
- Jon
uncdub13

Post by uncdub13 »

I have one of those minn kota water temp sensors i usually bring but forgot it. Felt like upper 50's according to the ol' fingertips. We had some really cold nights with lows down around 20 a week or so ago (about as cold as it gets here) but it's been pretty mild the last few days which has seemed to rebound the water temp a bit. It got the fish turned on that's fo sho :D .
prowler13angler

Post by prowler13angler »

Sweet fish dude!

Nice to hear from you up there.
uncdub13

Post by uncdub13 »

Found some more today although the bite had slowed, pretty nice with this Florida weather we're havin up here.