Cell phone radar pics.

Questions and answers on anything related to kayak or canoe fishing
Skeeter

Cell phone radar pics.

Post by Skeeter »

I just downloaded a program in my cell phone I though was pretty useful to fisherman. It is a weather program called AccuWeather, its $2.99 a month and gives you instant radar pictures showing storms, fronts, etc. Its in color to show severity, shows movement, and zooms in and out on the area you choose.
It also has a 10 day print out forecast showing temps, winds, feels like, etc. You can plug in several cities and choose the forecast or radar picture for each.
There was another one available that I have used before called My-Cast. It was $4.99 a month and had all the same stuff but it was also tied into your GPS signal and would automatically give you information on where ever you were located. If it just gave the tides it would be grrreat.
It was very helpful when deciding on when to head back toward the ramp or weather to launch or wait till this one blows through. Its pretty handy having a live radar screen in your pocket when you spend a lot of time out doors.
I have Nextel and was able to down load it through Java Apps. If you have a different service you could try wireless.accuweather.com for more info.
Fishin Worms and Investment Advice Inc.
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

That would have been real handy Saturday.
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Grit

Post by Grit »

Does it show animated radar? I’ve tried a few programs but none show animated which would be very helpful for how I mainly use it (non fishing related).
Right now I’m using “Weather Watcherâ€
Skeeter

Post by Skeeter »

Grit, both programs have animated radar.
Fishin Worms and Investment Advice Inc.
Grit

Post by Grit »

Thanks Skeeter

Do you have a link to the accuweather download. I couldn't find anything for phones on the site.
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Skeeter wrote: wireless.accuweather.com
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Grit

Post by Grit »

If only I could read. Thanks
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Grit wrote:If only I could read. Thanks
:lol: :lol: