Marco Island/Estero- Bay Pic heavy

Flamingo to Big Bend
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Marco Island/Estero- Bay Pic heavy

Post by ChrisR »

I know Marco/Goodland is a little out of the region, but I figured I'd just put this report in this region with the Estero report also.
Went camping with some of my college roommates in Everglades City for the Everglades Seafood Festival this past weekend. Friday, My buddy Nut and I drove back to Goodland to fish for a couple of hours. After a short paddle from the old bridge, Nut caught a dink snook, and I got a 31" Snook, and a fat 30" Red. All fish were caught on white/chartreuse Nut's Hookers (Nut's custom tied jigs).
31 snook Image
30 red Image

On Monday, Nut poled me around Estero Bay in his Gheenoe. A few nice trout in the morning followed by some afternoon snook and one red got the boat a slam. We also got into an active school of jacks, which was a ton of fun for about an hour. The biggest was about 6 lbs. Most of the other fish were small, but it was a fun day. All fish were caught on mullet pattern (Brown and Grey) Nut's Hookers.
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

That's the way to get 'em Chris. Nice report.

FYI: How was the seafood festival? I went there once about 12-15 years ago. Was a hell of a drive, but the food was awesome! It took us 2 hours just to get out on to the highway afterwards which was a bummer, but thankfully all our tanks were full and the beer was still cold. :wink:
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
chuckst1

Post by chuckst1 »

beautiful Snook 8)
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

Thanks. The festival was lots of fun, but crazy crowded. The food was still good and the beer was still cold though. I had a great time.