Tiger Eye

dunfly

Tiger Eye

Post by dunfly »

Since things have been a little slow on the rod building front, I thought I would post a picture of the rod I just finished. It is a Tiger Eye 7'6" 3/4 wt I built for a trip to the Smoky Mountains next weekend. I built it on the cheap, using a lot of leftover parts. The only things I bought other than the blank were the stripping guide, tip top, winding check and reel seat insert. I used candy apple red thread with gold accents.

This is the first Tiger Eye I have ever built and I must say it out performs its cost. Casts a 3wt WF and a 4wt WF equally well. While it doesn't have a lot of distance capability, it cast very accurately in the 20 to 50 foot range. Since it is a small stream rod, that is more than adequate.
skinnywater

Post by skinnywater »

Very nice looking rod.
Kevin

"Am I missing and eyebrow?" - Adam Savage
islander

Post by islander »

Nice.

Looking forward to seeing pics of it in the Smokies!
www.lemonbayconservancy.org
Chief1600

Post by Chief1600 »

Very nice. I'm extremely jealous. I was't able to get my Smoky Mountain fix fhis year.
Jim - snooty elitist

"Of all pursuits mankind has devised to make you look stupid and uncoordinated, fly fishing is unquestionably number one." Jack Ohman, Fear of Fly Fishing
JoseC

Post by JoseC »

nice work!

Quick question, did you paint the christian fish on the side or did you buy a decal for it?
Jose C

Hobie Revolution
yohan1973

Post by yohan1973 »

Nice rod, traditional!
Stanley Steemer, carpet cleaner.
dunfly

Post by dunfly »

JoseC wrote:Quick question, did you paint the christian fish on the side or did you buy a decal for it?
It was put on with a gold pen. It is a Prismacolor extra fine point metalic pen I purchased an Michaels. I have started putting this symbol on all of my rods.
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Very nice that rod would be excellent for some Pa trout Streams like the Loyalhanna and Mill Creek ect ect.........
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!