Raised seats?

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
seeinred

Raised seats?

Post by seeinred »

While fishing yesterday I was taking advantage of some great sight fishing conditions and to keep my presence as minimal as possible while still having a better vantage point I used a cooler to sit on top of.

So, my question is do they make elevated seats for sot kayaks?
For more kayak fishing reports, tips, and fishing charters please visit;
http://tampabaykayakcharters.com/

Spencer
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Re: Raised seats?

Post by Todd »

seeinred wrote:So, my question is do they make elevated seats for sot kayaks?
Yes, they are called coolers. :wink:

Have never heard of one. The one problem with elevating your seat is you will lose some balance due to a higher center of gravity.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
seeinred

Post by seeinred »

I know, function over fashion but I was thinking along the lines of something more comfortable.

Nothing like the pain in your tail bone when you stand up after sitting on a cooler for 8 hours let me tell you... :shock:

Spencer
VFTG

Post by VFTG »

seeinred wrote:I know, function over fashion but I was thinking along the lines of something more comfortable.

Nothing like the pain in your tail bone when you stand up after sitting on a cooler for 8 hours let me tell you... :shock:
How about sitting on a throwable foam boat cushion?
Victor

Why make a trillion when we could make... billions?
JoseC

Post by JoseC »

seeinred wrote:I know, function over fashion but I was thinking along the lines of something more comfortable.

PM merrick to send you pictures; his seat lets you sit higher and its ridiculously comfortable compared to the usual kayak seat.
Jose C

Hobie Revolution
newyaker

Post by newyaker »

I am pretty sure I a saw a seat in Bill Jacksons with a 3 to 4 inch foam seat with back rest ,not as tall as a cooler. You might want to looking into that new leaning tower made for kayaks.....way to cool!
Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:46 am Post subject: Look at This Pontoon Setup!

http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtop ... ning+tower
(Hobie fish Outfitter Tandem 08') Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths. ~Author Unknown
seeinred

Post by seeinred »

If I wanted that I would just stand up. :lol:

Spencer
newyaker

Post by newyaker »

Who say anything about standing just sit on the top of it :idea: :lol: Actually I was think about raising my seat as well. I kinda like your idea using a cooler.
(Hobie fish Outfitter Tandem 08') Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths. ~Author Unknown
madmarco

Post by madmarco »

How much higher do you want to go
Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer »

I put a raised boat seat on my Tarpon 140. I have pics posted on Capmel.com in the paddle fishing forum. - Olditmer