Lost my Mom.

Snook712

Lost my Mom.

Post by Snook712 »

I have not been on the forum much lately. My mom has been struggling with cancer for the last 18 months and when I got back from the DOA tourney she was not doing well. It became pretty obvious she was not going to make it and my Dad, brothers, sisters and I spent the last few days with her.

Mom was at home with her husband of 58 years and six of her seven children as she headed for greener pastures. On the 14th, we were all at her bedside holding hands and praying as she took her last breath. It was one of the most spiritually rich times of my life.

My mom was the sun in the center of our family's galaxy. She had her seventh child at age 30 and was one of the most centered and balanced people I have ever met. She taught us many things, espcially about faith and our relationship with God. She was one of the best fishermen I have ever been around and won the woman's division of several tarpon tournaments.

The funeral is on Monday and I would appreciate your prayers for this. It is a tough time and although we know she is with Jesus, we miss her very much.

Andrew Meachum is writing an article about her in the Sunday St. Pete Times and in my opinion, could fill a book with stories.

Thanks for all your prayers.

Roger
Hooked on Youth Fishing Team - Sponsored by Cat Crap Lip Balm
"Fishing for the Future"
Ultimate 12 (Green)
Malibu Stealth 14 (Sand)
Roger
FrankC

Post by FrankC »

We have you and your family in our prayers. Very sorry to hear the news.
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

Roger --- Losing one's mom is always painful.

It sounds like she was one incredible lady and you can take comfort in that.

Prayers and hope heading your way.

Terry
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
Hatch

Post by Hatch »

God is welcoming her to his eternal home. You will be together because you believe in His Son, Jesus, the living water. Love, Stacy.
finatic
PFTS SPONSOR
PFTS SPONSOR

Post by finatic »

Roger,
Celeste and I have you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. Please call me if you need anything. If you need some special on the water time we are all here for you.
Jeff
The artist formally known as Snookfinatic

finaticdesigns.com
FishingDL

Post by FishingDL »

Married 58 years and had 7 children that think as much of her as you obviously do. I would say was very lucky and lived a full life. Prayers are with you.
Dave
-------------------------------------------------------
Is your fish dripping?

(11-01) 235 - (1-22) 215
JoseC

Post by JoseC »

will definitely be praying for you and your family.

Im sorry to hear about your loss
Jose C

Hobie Revolution
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Sorry to hear about your Mom Roger,

You and your family will be in our thoughts.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Hooked

Post by Hooked »

You and your family are in my prayers as well. "Blessed are you who mourn..."
Lou aka 'Hooked'

Now Adam's prize was open eyes
His sentence was to see
Day by day, he's worn away
Against reality
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

Done.
So sorry to hear of your loss.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
Fishaddict
Supporter 2013

Post by Fishaddict »

You and your family are in our prayers, also. It seems that a lost of use fisher persons are having some tough times right now. Losing a mom is always very hard no matter she lived a long and loved life.
[b][i]Have Boat ... Will Fish[/i][/b]
Backlasher

Post by Backlasher »

As the Chaplain for a Hospice, I see this a lot and it always hurts but a woman who lived a good life, a long life and surrounded at death by those who love her is about as good as any of us can hope for. Take comfort in the fact that she was a Christian. That's really all that matters when we die. Let others help you as you grieve, remember the good times and help your family members in their grief. My prayers are with you and your family.
Larry
If I've told you once, I've told you a million times...don't exaggerate!
ratherbefishin

Post by ratherbefishin »

Sounds like your Mom's influence will be felt for many future generations and that is quite a legacy. Condolences and prayers from my family to yours.
Curt

Well, hell, SOMEBODY has to catch lizardfish.
Sledford

Post by Sledford »

I am very sorry to hear about your mother Roger. My thoughts and prayer are with you. Having your family all together with her during her final moments was very comforting to her I am sure. God bless you and your family.
Sam
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

My heart goes out to you and your family good sir. Mom's are one of a kind.
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
Chief1600

Post by Chief1600 »

Sorry to hear of your loss, I lost mine 18 years ago and it still hurts. You have our thoughts and prayers.
Jim - snooty elitist

"Of all pursuits mankind has devised to make you look stupid and uncoordinated, fly fishing is unquestionably number one." Jack Ohman, Fear of Fly Fishing