Exudes

Heywood

Exudes

Post by Heywood »

I noticed that some of the colors have changed a bit from previous years.

Take for instance my favorite. Arkansas Shad.

L to R New color / Old color (I like the old one the best)

Has anyone else noticed a change?
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Doesn't matter. They don't have redfish in Arkansas. :wink:
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Blindmullet

Post by Blindmullet »

Wow, thats a big difference. Did the old one change color too? I have had some older ones change color from the heat.

I ran into a problem with the Zman plastics this weekend. They are made like those Strike King 3x ones. You can stretch them forever, but they melted in my tackle box. I used one and caught a little pup at the beach, but the rest--melted junk!
Team Pro Bass "Fishing Legendz"
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

No, they are a two tone color. Golden Brown on top and a Pearl color on bottom.

The new ones are a darker, almost a motor oil color on top.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
aiden

Post by aiden »

I've gotten colors that I thought had changed but the next time the colors were the old color. Maybe color quality control makes slip ups
Trootin

Post by Trootin »

The mangrove red and gold color have changed. Mangrove red used to have a lot more green it, now they look almost red. And I have a pack of gold RTs that filled with gold. I liked the older ones that were clearer with less gold.
Team Young & Good Looking
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Trootin wrote:The mangrove red and gold color have changed. Mangrove red used to have a lot more green it, now they look almost red. And I have a pack of gold RTs that filled with gold. I liked the older ones that were clearer with less gold.
Yep, I noticed the same thing with the Mangrove Red.
grouppimp

Re: Exudes

Post by grouppimp »

Heywood wrote:I noticed that some of the colors have changed a bit from previous years.

Take for instance my favorite. Arkansas Shad.

L to R New color / Old color (I like the old one the best)

Has anyone else noticed a change?
Yeh i noticed the difference also, i also have a soft spot for it as well. I guess im just going to have to throw the gulp alive that i can get for 12 bucks a tub any color except new penny in the 3" size anyone else wants any pm me i will tell you where to get them!
Travis Andrews l
seeinred

Post by seeinred »

Trootin wrote:The mangrove red and gold color have changed. Mangrove red used to have a lot more green it, now they look almost red. And I have a pack of gold RTs that filled with gold. I liked the older ones that were clearer with less gold.

Definitely true, glad it turned me onto those natural shrimp darts though.
For more kayak fishing reports, tips, and fishing charters please visit;
http://tampabaykayakcharters.com/

Spencer
finatic
PFTS SPONSOR
PFTS SPONSOR

Post by finatic »

The problem with EXUDE is the consistency in production. In many cases of their products the colors vary as well as the size/amount of flakes they use in the plastics.
One of which I noticed due to this being the only product I use by EXUDE is the gold dart. Some shipments come in with a large gold flake with little to no clear plastic showing and some are the smaller gold flake which is a more clear bait with a more suttle gold. Its not that one is an older version than the other but, the simple fact of their lack of consistency in production. My local shop I usually buy tackle from has recieved the more gold ones on one shipment and then the less gold on another using the same distributor. It was brought to my attention from a few retailers of the noticed lack of consistency from EXUDE.
I shop around shops to see whats in stock to find the clear with smaller gold flake. :wink:
The artist formally known as Snookfinatic

finaticdesigns.com
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

This goes way beyond consistency, I've seen the lures in question with more pearl color on the sides, but never anything like this. This is a whole different color.

I have sent them an email, so we will see if they reply.
grouppimp

Post by grouppimp »

Heywood wrote:This goes way beyond consistency, I've seen the lures in question with more pearl color on the sides, but never anything like this. This is a whole different color.

I have sent them an email, so we will see if they reply.
bass assasin has the perfect color i think it will do just fine for ya it goes by the same name give it a looksy
Travis Andrews l
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

And I have a pack of gold RTs that filled with gold. I liked the older ones that were clearer with less gold.
Ditto on that. I still have a few of the old color gold ones, but have been holding on to them.
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
finatic
PFTS SPONSOR
PFTS SPONSOR

Post by finatic »

Heywood wrote: I have sent them an email, so we will see if they reply.
I sent them an e-mail as well. We'll see how they respond.
Here's my e-mail...

Dear EXUDE dude,
My gold turds now are more gold. I like the more clear turds with not as much gold cause I use them for Mr. redfish. Although, I know Mr. redfish shure love those funky chickens they also like the gold turds you make but, not the ones with lots of gold cause lots of gold is for my biatches and hos.
Thanks,
Mr. finatic.
PS-Todd likes the gold turds also so please let us know what u gonna do. They work so awesome I outfish Heywood all the time cause he's afraid to use dem.
The artist formally known as Snookfinatic

finaticdesigns.com
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Snookfinatic wrote:
Heywood wrote: I have sent them an email, so we will see if they reply.
I sent them an e-mail as well. We'll see how they respond.
Here's my e-mail...

Dear EXUDE dude,
My gold turds now are more gold. I like the more clear turds with not as much gold cause I use them for Mr. redfish. Although, I know Mr. redfish shure love those funky chickens they also like the gold turds you make but, not the ones with lots of gold cause lots of gold is for my biatches and hos.
Thanks,
Mr. finatic.
PS-Todd likes the gold turds also so please let us know what u gonna do. They work so awesome I outfish Heywood all the time cause he's afraid to use dem.
You aint right.
Erick
"Mister OLC"
"Mister OLC"

Post by Erick »

That almost looks like a mistake. Too much of one color in the mix because almost all Arkansas Shad regardless of brand look like the one on the right. Interested in seeing their response. I primarily use the Gold Dart, the Natural Shrimp Dart and the Golden Bream Dart. I have others, but rarely use them I will check to see if any look different.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jim Valvano

{{>=====<}} <'))))><ing