A few words about the PFTS

Rik

A few words about the PFTS

Post by Rik »

Don't over think these events! It's just going fishing, folks.

One important aspect of these events is the challenge part of it. Anyone can put together a tourney where you can use whatever you want and fish wherever you want. You can go fishing any Saturday and do just that yourself.

These events are designed to get you out of your comfort zone. They'll make you try new lures, new areas and new methods.

However, when it comes right down to it, these are about having fun, gaining some new friends and getting together with other paddle fisherpeople.

For this first event, The Dynamic Duo, consider this:

Remember the days when you were a kid and you went fishing? You snuck into the garage and grabbed two of Dad's fishing rods, jumped on your bike and took off. You didn't grab a tackle box, you didn't grab an assortment of leader spools, you didn't ponder for an hour over what you were going to put on the end of the line.

So, when you got to the fishing hole, you had two rods fully rigged with lures on the end of the line. And you fished with what you had. And you had fun.

It's kinda like that.

Don't over think it folks. Rig up two rods. Bring them. Go fishing. Have fun.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
CowboysFan

Post by CowboysFan »

Reminds me of playing golf in my twenties. I used to go out shoot 85 and get totally frustrated because I didnt play better. The older I got the more I realized it was not about the score it was about enjoying the outdoors, a great sport and time with friends. If this is what PFTS is all about I cannot wait to attend my first event.
Rich

I'd rather be fishing right now.
Tide1on

Post by Tide1on »

Rik wrote:Rig up two rods. Bring them. Go fishing. Have fun.
The "Grand Poo-bah" didn't mention this...
:arrow: Then attend the "Pic-N-Sip"
NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
paddlaroun

Post by paddlaroun »

Rik says
You snuck into the garage and grabbed two of Dad's fishing rods, jumped on your bike and took off.
Rik did your Dad ever catch you or did you blame it on Todd?
Dan Native 12
"Sleep in fish late"

"I know the waters cold! Wet your hand anyway!!!"
Rik

Post by Rik »

Both....
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
justabucup

Re: A few words about the PFTS

Post by justabucup »

Rik wrote:Don't over think these events! It's just going fishing, folks.

One important aspect of these events is the challenge part of it. Anyone can put together a tourney where you can use whatever you want and fish wherever you want. You can go fishing any Saturday and do just that yourself.

These events are designed to get you out of your comfort zone. They'll make you try new lures, new areas and new methods.

However, when it comes right down to it, these are about having fun, gaining some new friends and getting together with other paddle fisherpeople.

For this first event, The Dynamic Duo, consider this:

Remember the days when you were a kid and you went fishing? You snuck into the garage and grabbed two of Dad's fishing rods, jumped on your bike and took off. You didn't grab a tackle box, you didn't grab an assortment of leader spools, you didn't ponder for an hour over what you were going to put on the end of the line.

So, when you got to the fishing hole, you had two rods fully rigged with lures on the end of the line. And you fished with what you had. And you had fun.

It's kinda like that.

Don't over think it folks. Rig up two rods. Bring them. Go fishing. Have fun.
So why are there three pages of rules and endless threads of what ifs. That is if it is so dang simple?
Credo quia absurdum
Rik

Post by Rik »

Proof that the old saying, "there's no such thing as a stupid question" is a lie.
Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer »

I like it.........it is a challenge outside normal fishing where there are no limits to rods and lures. Have to pick the right 2 lures, and have some luck as well..............also picking the right area to fish. - David