Cabelas

fuzzy

Cabelas

Post by fuzzy »

I ordered a pair of sunglasses from Cabelas. I know, I’m cheap and they should have been Costas, they were from a gift card for my B_day. Anyways when they arrived the lens color was incorrect. I called to inform Cabelas about this and they said they would ship the correct glasses out ASAP. Here’s where they got me…They said to keep the ones they sent, if I didn’t want them to donate them or give them away. Granted the glasses were $30.00 retail but still, keep them? If this is normal business practice for them they will get more of my business. Also, my neighbor who gave me the gift card is going to get some new sunglasses.

fuzz
I was impressed, that the older I got, the more patient I became. Turns out, I just don't give a shit.

230 ==> 215
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

They are normally really good. I order almost all of my outdoor/fishing gear from them.
Mark R

Re: Cabelas

Post by Mark R »

fuzzy wrote:I ordered a pair of sunglasses from Cabelas. I know, I’m cheap and they should have been Costas, they were from a gift card for my B_day. Anyways when they arrived the lens color was incorrect. I called to inform Cabelas about this and they said they would ship the correct glasses out ASAP. Here’s where they got me…They said to keep the ones they sent, if I didn’t want them to donate them or give them away. Granted the glasses were $30.00 retail but still, keep them? If this is normal business practice for them they will get more of my business. Also, my neighbor who gave me the gift card is going to get some new sunglasses.

fuzz
That would indicate IMO that their cost for the glasses is less that the $5 shipping to return them.
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
jd

Post by jd »

Some companies actually realize that good customer service goes a long way. Nice to see that Cabelas is one of them.
I have trouble acting normal.
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

Mark R wrote:
fuzzy wrote:I ordered a pair of sunglasses from Cabelas. I know, I’m cheap and they should have been Costas, they were from a gift card for my B_day. Anyways when they arrived the lens color was incorrect. I called to inform Cabelas about this and they said they would ship the correct glasses out ASAP. Here’s where they got me…They said to keep the ones they sent, if I didn’t want them to donate them or give them away. Granted the glasses were $30.00 retail but still, keep them? If this is normal business practice for them they will get more of my business. Also, my neighbor who gave me the gift card is going to get some new sunglasses.

fuzz
That would indicate IMO that their cost for the glasses is less that the $5 shipping to return them.

I was thinking around $10 or $12...

fuzz
I was impressed, that the older I got, the more patient I became. Turns out, I just don't give a shit.

230 ==> 215
Rik

Post by Rik »

Let's get to the real issue - Fuzzy, quit being so cheap.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Blindmullet

Post by Blindmullet »

fuzzy wrote:
Mark R wrote:

fuzz

I was thinking around $10 or $12...

fuzz
I just sent my Costa Del Mars back to get fixed-- I think it was around $10 for shipping + insurance + $9.95 CDM charge. Thats not a bad deal you got there.
Team Pro Bass "Fishing Legendz"
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

No wonder local shops keep closing. Ebay both pairs and go support your local economy.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

BearsFan wrote:No wonder local shops keep closing. Ebay both pairs and go support your local economy.
Nope. I support the online economy. It's the New World Order of Ordering.
And Cabelas has been topnotch for me.
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

TerryW wrote:
BearsFan wrote:No wonder local shops keep closing. Ebay both pairs and go support your local economy.
Is that because that way you can avoid your tax obligations? :wink:
Credo quia absurdum
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Might have seen Terry throwing rocks at the G20 summit in Pittsburgh. :shock:
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

justabucup wrote:
TerryW wrote:
Is that because that way you can avoid your tax obligations? :wink:
Nopers. I'd gladly pay FL state sales tax. I happily pay all of my taxes. I think I'll go buy some Gulp at the local tackle shop right now.
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

Just don't go showing off all your new expensive gear you ordered on the internet to your local shop buddies when you buy your $5 bag of crap from them, it stings.

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

BearsFan wrote:Just don't go showing off all your new expensive gear you ordered on the internet to your local shop buddies when you buy your $5 bag of crap from them, it stings.
I buy all of my rods locally and most of my reels. And no $5 bags of Gulp for me. I get the Barrel 'O Gulp and some live bait and locally tied flies, too. Helping to stimulate the economy in every way that I can. But Cabelas is a good place to shop, especially in their stores!
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

mudfoot

Post by mudfoot »

deleted due to apathy

jus' sayin'....
Last edited by mudfoot on Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"YOU GOT NUTTIN!"
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

It was probably two years ago, a charter member posted…Cabelas Bargain Cave, $150.00 reels for $49.95. Many were purchased and no one bitched then…..

fuzz

230 ==> 215