Robinson...

Here is a place to talk about our Environmental Concerns.
Vlap

Robinson...

Post by Vlap »

The Eagles have landed! Once again the paddle trail is closed near the Bald Eagles nest due to a new batch of eggs being present. It will once again remain closed until the eggs have hatched and the lil baby baldies have flown away.
I was out there yesterday and one of the Eagles was sitting on a high branch above the nest. A strong zoom lens maybe able to catch a good shot.
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
Rik

Post by Rik »

I'm all for helping wildlife but this closure is a bit ridiculous. These are urban eagles, they are used to people and human activities. Put some bouys that force paddlers to stay all the way over next to the far edge

Jeff, they allow people to walk up and stand at the water's edge, don't they?
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

Not sure what you mean by walk to the waters edge. None of the walking trails come anywhere near the nest. Also most of the trails are marked with signs asking people to stay on the path due to the restoration process.

It maybe overkill to close the trail. I do not know...Just giving the heads up that it is.
Rik

Post by Rik »

It's all your fault!

I was asking if you could walk up to the waters edge across the water from the eagle's nest. However, I wasn't aware of the 'stay on the path' rule.

Blocking the water trail really takes away one of the best circle paddling routes we have around here.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

There really isn't anywhere that walking off the trail is possible that would give you close access to the nest.