Congrats go to.

Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Congrats go to.

Post by Todd »

Tony Lai, Mako (Peter), Trootin (Cameron), Seeinred (Spencer) and Sliknik (Nik) who took 4 out of the top 5 places in the Reel Rodeo Fishing Tournament put on by Old Salts yesterday.

Tony took first and $1000, Mako took second and $750, Trootin took third and $500, seeinred took fourth and $250, Nik took fifth and $100.

Nice showing guys, congratulations.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Mako

Post by Mako »

thanks Todd....a nice slam tournament with a twist; catching a wildcard fish: sheephead or flounder to add inches to your total. Both Tony and I were able to catch flounder; his was 19 inches and mine 15.
Peter
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

How many entered the kayak division?
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
seeinred

Post by seeinred »

More like how many people didn't enter the kayak division.

Thanks Todd, it was a pretty cool event... will definitely participate again in the future.
For more kayak fishing reports, tips, and fishing charters please visit;
http://tampabaykayakcharters.com/

Spencer
jd

Post by jd »

Nice tournament with serious payouts. Congrats to everyone that placed. That wild card made it tough. I had a fun day fishing with a whole bunch of fish minus the wild card. I had 65" and missed placing. That is some great competition.
I have trouble acting normal.
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

seeinred wrote:More like how many people didn't enter the kayak division.

Thanks Todd, it was a pretty cool event... will definitely participate again in the future.
I think its a legit question. How many entered?

In no way am I taking away from the accomplishments of those that entered. Congrats go out to those of you that fished it.

So, How many entered?
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
MarkM
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by MarkM »

Nice work. Sounds like a profitable day on the water for some of you guys. JD had a 65" slam and didn't place, so what kind of slams did you guys get? And where were you fishing to get the flounder? Inquiring minds need to know. :D
seeinred

Post by seeinred »

I don't remember ever being told how many people entered, but how is it relevant if not a cheap shot?

I had a 67.5" slam, 27" redfish, 24.5" snook and a puny 15" trout. 20 inches shy of my slam the day before. :x
Last edited by seeinred on Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spencer
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Heywood wrote:I think its a legit question. How many entered?
From what I heard it was maybe 20-30 in the kayak division. No one was exactly sure. With the guaranteed payout and a $60 entry fee a few guys had a nice day for sure. Wish I could have fished it.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
MarkM
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by MarkM »

seeinred wrote:20 inches shy of my slam the day before. :x
I hate when that happens. :D Good job anyway!
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

seeinred wrote:I don't remember ever being told how many people entered, but how is it relevant if not a cheap shot?

I had a 67.5" slam, 27" redfish, 24.5" snook and a puny 15" trout. 20 inches shy of my slam the day before. :x
Only you would take it as a cheap shot. How? is beyond me. I wanted to know a simple GD answer. How many entered. That would be good information for those that might want to fish it in the future. It speaks to the popularity of the tournament.

Again, congrats to the winners.
seeinred

Post by seeinred »

Here's a question worth asking, why didn't any of you reading this who didn't participate not participate?

This being the largest community of kayak fishermen and woman in the Tampa Bay area I would think the popularity of this or any event to be dependant largely in the participation of the members of this very forum.

I'll leave it at that and keep my opinions to myself more often from now on... while I work on "growing up". :lol: :roll:

Spencer
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

seeinred wrote:Here's a question worth asking, why didn't any of you reading this who didn't participate not participate?

This being the largest community of kayak fishermen and woman in the Tampa Bay area I would think the popularity of this or any event to be dependant largely in the participation of the members of this very forum.

I'll leave it at that and keep my opinions to myself more often from now on... while I work on "growing up". :lol: :roll:
Goombaween 2009
Rik

Post by Rik »

seeinred wrote:Here's a question worth asking, why didn't any of you reading this who didn't participate not participate?

This being the largest community of kayak fishermen and woman in the Tampa Bay area I would think the popularity of this or any event to be dependent largely in the participation of the members of this very forum.
Same question we asked you when you didn't participate in the last 2 PFTS events. :wink:
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

Excellent showing guys. Congratulations.
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
SlikNik

Post by SlikNik »

Thanks, it was a fun event. Congrats to the other guys. I entered at 3:00 pm the day before the tourney ( 2 hours before cutoff ) and missed the captains meeting and they gave me entry #25. So I think there were 25 entries in the paddle division.

How could you go wrong with those payouts. You almost had to fish that tourney.

My slam was 65.5 for 5th.

26.5 red
21.5 trout
but only a 17.5 snook :cry:

No flounder or sheepshead for the bonus inches. More reason to always attend a captains meeting and fully understand the rules.
I thought the bonus fish was in place of a slam fish if you didn't slam out. not that I would have caught one of them anyway. I didn't have a bait buster on me :lol: fricking Mako