Simmons Park Rates

Heywood

Simmons Park Rates

Post by Heywood »

I dont know anymore than what is printed here.

PARK FEE

$2 per car, up to 8 people. Over 8, $1 per person.

$50 Individual (Yearly) Park pass includes entry fee to all county parks.

$100 Family, up to 8 people. (Yearly) Park pass includes entry fee to all county parks.

Campers do not pay $2 park entrance fee.

SHELTERS

Small - $70

Large - $225

**Not sure if this price is to reserve or daily use***

CAMPING

$24 Regular

$18 Senior

If you have a boat, $5 to launch.

BOAT RAMP

$5 to launch a boat.

FISHING PERMITS Yearly

Apollo Beach $30

Simmons

Single (one person)
$80 - includes $2 park fee and gate combo for after hours.

$180 - includes $2 park fee, gate combo and $5 boat ramp fee

FAMILY (2-8 people)

$130 - Includes $2 park fee and gate combo for after hours. (up to 8 people)

$230 - Includes $2 park fee, gate combo and $5 boat ramp fee. (up to 8 people)
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Vercetti

Post by Vercetti »

I have a feeling wilbur is going to be a bit lonlier this winter. That a pretty aggressive price increase for the fishing permit.
- Jon
dunfly

Post by dunfly »

Vercetti wrote:I have a feeling wilbur is going to be a bit lonlier this winter. That a pretty aggressive price increase for the fishing permit.
I think they need a lesson in economics. They want to increase revenue by increasing fees, but it looks like they have increased them so much that fewer people will use the facilities. Thus, the net affect may be reduced revenue. But then again, this is the government we are talking about.
“You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste....” — Rahm Emanuel
"Freedom!" - Sir William Wallace
Who is John Galt?
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

What's an Apollo Beach fishing permit?
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
Rik

Post by Rik »

Then you have to figure in the infrastructure costs to collect and manage the money.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

Rik wrote:Then you have to figure in the infrastructure costs to collect and manage the money.
But weren't those costs already in place? Also, as asked, what is an Apollo Beach permit? Must you paddle onto the flats and go North? I think the after hours pass used to be $40.00?

fuzz
I was impressed, that the older I got, the more patient I became. Turns out, I just don't give a shit.

230 ==> 215
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Rik wrote:Then you have to figure in the infrastructure costs to collect and manage the money.
They are already paying someone to do that. Usually they dont pay anything at all. They have always had a system in place for the snow birds, they do volunteer work or adopt a restroom (keep it clean and stocked) and they get to stay for the winter for free.

The alternative is closing the park for three days. I'll pay for the pass, I'll have the whole place to myself.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Mako

Post by Mako »

I don't quite understand the fishing permit fees. Do I have to pay more than the $2 park fee to fish Simmons on any given day?
Peter
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Mako wrote:I don't quite understand the fishing permit fees. Do I have to pay more than the $2 park fee to fish Simmons on any given day?
Pete from what I understand if you don't have the $80.00 Permit N Pass you can pay $2.00 to fish but the place doesn't open until 8:00 AM........that's what gets me I would pay $2.00 to get in at 6:00 AM not 8:00 AM..........Correct me if I am wrong Bill....
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Tide1on

Post by Tide1on »

You could always park and launch just outside the park entrance. :roll:
NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Hours: 8am to 6pm

If you want to get in the park for the day, its $2 bucks.

For those of you that have kayak trailers, just stay away from the boat ramp. That goes for all of us. Dont use the boat ramp and they wont make you pay for it.

The Apollo Beach pass is for the nature preserve across from the power plant. It used to be open 24 hours, but too much has happened down there, so the county closes it at 6 pm. You can buy the pass for after hours.
Tide1on

Post by Tide1on »

Is the $30 after hours fishing permit good for all Hillsborough parks like the $50 yearly entrance fee? Apollo Beach, Simmons Park, etc?
NATIVE Redfish14

Steve
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Tide1on wrote:Is the $30 after hours fishing permit good for all Hillsborough parks like the $50 yearly entrance fee? Apollo Beach, Simmons Park, etc?
Its not $30 Steve, it went up to $80 and the after hours pass was and is only good for Simmons. If you want one for Apollo Beach, you'll have to buy another one.
americanrobster

Post by americanrobster »

Get use to all the fees to fish guys. Sooner or later we all will have to pay a fee to access our fishing holes.
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'
L.B.

Post by L.B. »

I must be WAY behind here.

There is a fee to fish? So I can not simply pay to get in, launch and fish? I have to pay an additional fee?
I know one thing for sure- Indecision may or may not be my problem.
Tide1on

Post by Tide1on »

L.B. wrote:I must be WAY behind here.

There is a fee to fish? So I can not simply pay to get in, launch and fish? I have to pay an additional fee?
No additional fee to fish.
$2.00 to enter the park. Unless you use the boat ramp and/or stay after the park closes or enter the park before it opens then it's more.
NATIVE Redfish14

Steve