STS GTS Expedition Kayak Seat Review

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
Mako

STS GTS Expedition Kayak Seat Review

Post by Mako »

For many years I’ve been using another seat built by Surf to Summit, the Tall Back Classic Molded Foam Seat with Pack from the Performance Series which for the current price of $98 provided me with more comfort than the original seat that came with the Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 that I currently paddle. Unfortunately, I still had to resort to the use of additional gel and air cushions for better support of my back and buttocks during my many hours of fishing and paddling.

Well, enough about the old seat; let me tell you about my new GTS Expedition which I dubbed the La-Z-Boy of kayak seats. I was afraid I would fall asleep the first time I used this seat because of the “extreme” comfort it provided.

The contour molded, thick foamed, 18” tall backrest wraps around my back for outstanding support and the unique strapping system (6 points) allows me to adjust it to my specific needs, especially my lower back; this eliminated the need for the additional air cushion I used for low back stability. I also confirmed a STS claim that with this strapping system, there’s no forward slippage of the seat.

The 2-inch thick seat bottom is so comfortable that I won’t have to carry an extra gel cushion any longer. It also has a couple of deep channels that prevent excess water from “puddling” on the seat keeping me pretty dry all day.

Even though the price tag of $190 (I got the model with no pack) may seem high to those just getting started in kayak fishing, when you paddle/fish for an average of 8 miles a day for 5-6 days a week; a seat like the GTS Expedition is an investment well worth it. I highly recommend this product.

For more information about this seat, visit the Surf to Summit website by clicking on the link below.

Surf to Summit - GTS Expedition
Peter
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
gatordave

Post by gatordave »

You can get that same seat on ebay for 85. Thats where I got mine and when I recieved it I was suprised that it came directly from Surf to Summit. Here is one of there links..
http://cgi.ebay.com/GTS-Elite-Kayak-Sea ... 53ded013dd
cruiser

Post by cruiser »

gatordave wrote:You can get that same seat on ebay for 85. Thats where I got mine and when I recieved it I was suprised that it came directly from Surf to Summit. Here is one of there links..
http://cgi.ebay.com/GTS-Elite-Kayak-Sea ... 53ded013dd
Though the Elite is a good seat, I have the APEX One copy,its not the same as the Expedition and is $40 cheaper. $85 is a good price.
Rik

Post by Rik »

gatordave wrote:You can get that same seat on ebay for 85.
The seat Mako wrote about is the GTS Expedition. It is a step up from the GTS Elite in the ebay link. If you go to the Surf to Summit link in Mako's post, you can see the difference between the two.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
gatordave

Post by gatordave »

Rik wrote:
gatordave wrote:You can get that same seat on ebay for 85.
The seat Mako wrote about is the GTS Expedition. It is a step up from the GTS Elite in the ebay link. If you go to the Surf to Summit link in Mako's post, you can see the difference between the two.
I know that. I was putting a link so you could see who the vendor is. They usually have multiple seats listed of different styles.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

I saw the new seat today. Very nice for sure.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM