Stripers

Let's hear reports from other places.
Dustin

Stripers

Post by Dustin »

These were caught somewhere in Georgia. Dad and I fished from 11:30-2 yesterday in the Gheenoe and caught 25 stripers and a couple trout. The stripers probably averaged 5lbs with a bunch between 6-8lbs. All were caught on Strike King Zulus on 3/8 or 1/2oz jigheads. Fish were suspended in 30-35ft of water in absolutely smoking current (think Sebastian Inlet for those who have been there). This was the first time I've striper fished in almost three years...forgot how much fun it is!

Oh yeah...the new 35mm f/1.8 is killer. It's the only lens I've used so far that really doesn't require much if any sharpening in post processing. I accidentally had the white balance on a really cool setting yesterday so the pics came out with a blue tint. I did what I could in post to fix that.
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Nice fat fish there Dustin.

Are those good eaten fish? Never caught one before :?
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
islander

Post by islander »

Sweet.
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

those are perfect eating size.
Man I miss striper fishing
0 0 1
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

Bill,
Stripers are probably my favorite inshore fish to eat. Surprisingly, their meat is very unlike redfish. The flesh is much more creamy. They are wonderful fried, grilled, etc.

I absolutely love to catch them. They remind me very much of a snook that doesn't jump (stripers just fight harder IMO).
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Night Fishing for Stripers in the surf(LBI NJ)mid January.......I kinda miss that......except for the 15 degree temps and wind chill of 5 degree........
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
americanrobster

Post by americanrobster »

Nice fish. I want to catch one someday myself.
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'