Flamingo campground?

Naples to West Palm and south, including the Keys
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Flamingo campground?

Post by DaveR »

I haven't been there since the storms tore the place up. Can you southerners give me some heads up as to what facilities there are now operating? Might be able to sneak down in a coupe weeks.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

If you are talking about camping in Flamingo, I believe that the campsites are open. I don't believe the "fish houses" or the hotel are open. I am almost positive that they aren't renting houseboats anymore. This is what the park service has to say about it.

http://www.nps.gov/ever/planyourvisit/flamcamp.htm

The Trip Planner and Backcountry camping pdf's that are linked to that page have a lot of good and relatively current info as well. There are a few backcountry sites that are within paddling distance of Flamingo that are awesome if you are into "roughing it". Those can be found on the Backcountry Trip Planner. I'll be down there at the end of February and I can't wait.
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

I have been looking to get there myself if anybody is camping and needs some company PM me.......My schedule is open..... :lol:
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

Houseboats gone, Hotel demolished and gone.. Marina store open, Campground open, RV/Camper slips have no water/electric.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
TK

Post by TK »

One houseboat delivered about 3 weeks ago and getting ready for rental.

Campgrounds up and running.

The rest is no longer there. Strange the ranger's office, which shares some of the hotel structure, could be saved, but the hotel could not.

Keep me posted Dave. I will try and meet you down there.
"I am trying to catch tarpon, but these snook keep getting in the way!"
FC61

Post by FC61 »

krash wrote:Houseboats gone, Hotel demolished and gone.. Marina store open, Campground open, RV/Camper slips have no water/electric.
According to the NPS website they are putting in around 40 rv sites with water and electric. These are suppose to be done by fall of this year 2010.