No more fishing for any of us?

Here is a place to talk about our Environmental Concerns.
Vlap

No more fishing for any of us?

Post by Vlap »

Are federal bureaucrats intentionally attempting to limit angler participation in the "public process" for a management plan that could close the nation's waters to recreational fishing?
http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/fish ... id=4577626" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Obama administration will accept no more public input for a federal strategy that could prohibit U.S. citizens from fishing the nation's oceans, coastal areas, Great Lakes, and even inland waters.
http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/salt ... id=4975762" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now this is a bit scary. Thoughts? Anyone have any information that this is not accurate and our government is not attempting to take our right to fish away from us?
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
justabucup

Re: No more fishing for any of us?

Post by justabucup »

Jeff I would properly respond unfortunately I would make a political statement and it would kill your enitre thread. Surfice it to say that "Thank you Jeff for bringing this to my attention and I hope others will read and respond to the proper channels".

Aren't You Proud of me for that Rik? :lol:
Credo quia absurdum
Rik

Post by Rik »

And with appropriate use of a smilie....Yes, buc, I am proud of you.

I'd would love to see this ISSUE discussed without it becoming a partisan bitch fest. This very well could affect all of us very soon. Please focus narrowly on this specific ISSUE.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

So many of these green issue executives are so myopic in that they only see the tree for the forest. They do not see that the users of the resources are more likely to be the protectors of the resource rather then the groups that PROFIT from diminishing wild populations and added pollution.

We as the user group have an emotional intrest in the protection of the resources that we enjoy and harvest. Groups such as WWF Greenpeice etc. Have a monetary intrest in seeing the greatest amount of restrictions be put on a resource to the point of it leading to greater extinctions.

It comes down to this who is mnaking the money? The green groups looking for greater donations from goverment and disaffected little old ladies. Commercial intrestes are looking for less competition of a limited resource to increase profits while keeping supply low and looking for govermental aid. The there is the recreational angler who is mostly in it for his own personal enjoyment.

It would behoove the goverment to remember one little factoid is that unlike butter tossing eco-terrorists in their tevas and Doc Martins anglers tend to also hunt with guns.
Credo quia absurdum
rocrfella

Post by rocrfella »

If we're pissed, just think of the manufacturers in this milti-billion business!
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

I would welcome an Executive Order banning inshore fishing in Florida. Start with ENP and maybe the keys. It would be the nail in the coffin for the fed's power grab. bring it bra!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Evan

Post by Evan »

First of all, recognize that we are discussing an article that begins like this:

"Are federal bureaucrats intentionally attempting to limit angler participation in the "public process" for a management plan that could close the nation's waters to recreational fishing? No one in the fishing industry is making such an accusation. But they are pointing out some facts that certainly could lead a suspicious mind in that direction..."

So right away, I'm skeptical. This sounds like a tag line taken from (hope this isn't too political) Fox News. If no one is making that accusation, then the rest of the article is admittedly devoted to fueling suspicion. Seems like we should be taking all of this with a BIG grain of salt.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion
Rik

Post by Rik »

Evan wrote:This sounds like a tag line taken from (hope this isn't too political) Fox News.
ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities. Based in Bristol, Conn., ESPN Plaza includes more than 700,000 square feet in more than a dozen buildings on 116 acres. The company is 80 percent owned by ABC, Inc., an indirect subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company. The Hearst Corporation holds a 20 percent interest in ESPN.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

probition stopped everyone from drinking.
Weed is illegal to smoke
gill netting is banned
use of cell phones while driving
Can I have ," impossible to enforce laws " for $200 Alex.
0 0 1
screwballl

Post by screwballl »

there is another group that also is keeping a close eye on this:

http://www.keepamericafishing.org/
Matthew 4:19
skinnywater

Post by skinnywater »

Did anyone else notice the dateline from the story is Oct 2009? Why is this story breaking now?
Kevin

"Am I missing and eyebrow?" - Adam Savage
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

Did anyone else notice the dateline from the story is Oct 2009? Why is this story breaking now?
Quote from the article.." Whether intentional or accidental, a delay in public posting of this information certainly could prevent activist anglers from having adequate time to plan on attending."

This is not the first time those with an agenda against sportsmen have used such tactics.. :evil:
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

Commercial maroons with the solicited help of Greenie putzes IMO..

I guess their attitude is " let them eat fish...our fish and our fish only "

I personally am calling Rep Buchanan a Senators Nelson and Lemeuix...can't wait to hear their response.

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" - MLK Jr." Let us not be silent.

Oh yeah.. "I will stop fishing when they pry my cold dead hand from my favorite St Croix"
:arrow:
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
BlueCrab

Post by BlueCrab »

:::DELETED BY THE MANAGEMENT:::..as I cling to my bible and guns....and my 9wt. Bunch of elitist :::DELETED BY THE MANAGEMENT::: :evil: :x
Old School T160

Marion Jay "JayB" Brewington
July 26, 1949 - April 16, 2009
Evan

Post by Evan »

This is all just fearmongering, plain and simple. You can put your guns down now. The Big Bad Government isn't coming to take away your fishing privileges in the night.

Show me one substantial piece of evidence to the contrary, or one document substantiating the existence of these supposed "anti-sportsmans' rights" groups and I will re-consider. Until then, let's save our collective ire for actual issues, not just sensationalist headlines.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion