Kudos to Phil from Bay Area Reel Service

Rik

Kudos to Phil from Bay Area Reel Service

Post by Rik »

He goes by Phnd on the forum but his real name is Phil from Bay Area Reel Service - http://bayareareelservice.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I sent him 3 Stradic 4000's and one Stradic 2000 to work on. These are old reels that have been sitting in my garage for several years and, quite frankly, I thought he'd tell me that a couple of them were junk, not worth fixing.

Instead, I got a pretty detailed email with what he found, what he was doing and an explanation of the little tweaks that only a good reel guy would know.

What I got back was 4 reels that feel smooth as new. I'm anxious to put them back on a rod and use them.

The price was very reasonable and it was all done - including back and forth shipping - in 10 days.

I'll send him more reels in the future!
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
GILs_GONE_WILD

Re: Kudos to Phil from Bay Area Reel Service

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

Word of mouth (keyboard). Doesn't get any better than that. :thumbright:
GIL

"Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~~ Edward Abbey
lineman21

Post by lineman21 »

He also found Ridgebacks Measuring board on saturday and called him to let him know he had it. Sounds like a pretty good guy.
Scott
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

Been lookin' for a Reel good Reel guy for my way too expensive Shimanos! :cool: How do you think he would do with some Calela's Stradic knockoffs as well?
<SDFT><{
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Rik

Post by Rik »

Hey Knee, I'd call him and ask.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
SRQGator
Grocery Yodeler

Post by SRQGator »

kneedeep wrote:Been lookin' for a Reel good Reel guy for my way too expensive Shimanos! :cool: How do you think he would do with some Calela's Stradic knockoffs as well?
He's worked on my Daiwa Advantage, my old Penn 430ss and my newer Slammer. Very knowledgeable.
1 1 12?
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

Very cool. Thanks!
<SDFT><{
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
r3krobert
Supporter 2013

Post by r3krobert »

Since we have a "business card" section on the forums, I think it would be great for him to post his name, address, phone, etc. there. It would be easier to find than doing a topic or name search.

Bob
pag_yaker

Post by pag_yaker »

I just saved his website as a favorite. He's done work for me as well. Great work, great price, done before he promised. :)
Jerry White
Contributing author for Paddling.net since 2005
Contributing author for Florida Sportsman Magazine
Member - Florida Outdoor Writers Association