Pork tenderloin and Brisket!

Mark R

Pork tenderloin and Brisket!

Post by Mark R »

I will be making Pork Scallopine with Sage and Fontina Cheese, with some of the pork.
I started off de-fating (trimming) the corned beef.
Then the pork loin saving and freezing the fat for sausage later.
Then I smashed up 1/3 of a papaya and added it and the evil brown liquid to the baggies containing the meat.
And into the frig for 24 hours.
More to come...
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Mark R

Re: Pork tenderloin and Brisket!

Post by Mark R »

Dis mornin I crushed about 1/2 cup of black pepper corns, bout 1/2 cup of papaya seeds and mixed them.
From the garden fresh, rosemary. thyme, sage and oregano, chopped fine.
Put together the dry-rub ingredients and started rubbin da pork! The little pieces are for appetizers.
Then rubbin the brisket.
Into the smoker.
A little thin smoke.
I pulled one of the loins at 150 F and cut three pieces for the Scallopine. Yea I know - it'll finish cooking later. I let them rest for 45 minutes wrapped and into the frig.
About an hour later I pulled the small loin pieces for the appetizers (for later use). Wrapped and resting right now.
Did I sneak a taste...really....yea, I'm smilen'.
More to come.
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

Papaya seeds? Never heard of that. Do tell more.
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Papaya seeds crushed are kinda like black pepper only sweeter, not as harsh. Got it from a Bobby Flay, Iron Chef sequence. He seemed kind surprised that they were edible, but the rub and sauce he made with them drew raves! :?: Had to try it! :cheers:
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

Aside for my strong hatred for Bobby Flay, this sounds good.
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

The loin out.
Added the small piece of brisket.
An hour later the brisket out and into foil.
My Mother sneaking a piece of the small brisket, wench.
Slicing the first piece of pork.
And filling the pork with sage and cheese. (note the Brussels sprouts in the back ground).
Loin #1 filled.
Sorry falling asleep finish tomorrow
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

It's tomorrow! :D
Loin#2 filled
And #3
Ohh look, there's some cheese left over and Brussels sprouts snuck in the picture.
Next we git a bit of olive oil (EVOO) and a couple of smashed cloves of garlic.
Toss in the stuffed pork.
Toss in the Brussels sprouts to soften them up a bit.
Sear the other side of the stuffed pork.
Remove the pork and garlic, toss the garlic, leave the sprouts in. Add 1/2 cup white wine and simmer for two minutes stirring with a wooden spoon. (forgot pic)
Add the crushed tomatoes and red pepper flakes (and the extra cheese:}), simmer for 5 minutes.
Toss the pork into the tomato mixture, simmer for ten minutes. Turn pork and simmer for another 6 minutes.
I kept the ends of the papaya, hollowed them out to use for bowls. Cut strips of fresh peach and papaya, covered them with crumbled Feta cheese and topped the salad off with some sliced Spanish olives.
Placed the pork on the plate and covered with sauce, added the salad bowls and there you have it!

UmmMMmmMMmMMm good!
In a little bit I will be putting the rest of the pork loin and 1/2 of the brisket in the slicer for lunch meat.
Tonight's dinner is gonna be smoked brisket and???... Whatever I can scrounge up. :clown:
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

The papaya was a really good experiment. everything was very very tender. It adds a nice mild sweetness to the meat and the sweetness seems to penetrate through the meat. Combined with the evil brown sauce, it worked well for both the pork and the beef.
The brisket after coolin for 24 hours and sliced in half.
A little slicin. NO makin fun of my slicer, It's probably older that you are, IT still works.
Yea I know it's a little "medium" for brisket but I have to cook for my Mom that cannot chew so it gets re-cooked later. :tongue:
A little more slicin.
And the pork T-loin.
This stuff is gOooOOoooOOOood. :cheers:

My lunch meat is better than....... :tongue: