daily edification

Naples to West Palm and south, including the Keys
bonefishwhisperer

daily edification

Post by bonefishwhisperer »

yes the canal attack lives on...

Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....
Evan

Re: daily edification

Post by Evan »

Different fly pattern again this time. Was it different circumstances, are you branching out, or just running out of Speed Darts and Dreads? :D
Everyone is entitled to my opinion
bonefishwhisperer

still waiting for materials...I have 3 personal dreads for the flats...I literally whip these out in the morning and recycle the old hooks...good for 1 fish each...you can see it is destroyed and also that I didnt try very hard...that is why dreads maintain their value. cant get materials full time
Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....
1okbyme2

Post by 1okbyme2 »

Poons are total mystery to me BFW.
Apparently you can get them in the canals. Is this where they migrate to?
Where do they spawn? Nice catch BTW. :cool:
"They paved paradise and put up a parking lot" Joni Mitchell
bonefishwhisperer

not sure...to me they never leave the canals until adults...they are coming thru the saltwater divider gates from the Miami River IMO....once in the airport lakes they can roam all the way to the Everglades basically and then return to the Bay whenever the gates are open...I dont see really huge ones because of the migration factor once they are older...I see them up to 60lbs or so...this is the best yr by far for me...tarpon are a daily catch basically but I used to be happy with 3-7 a yr...I can beat that every week right now...
finatic
PFTS SPONSOR
PFTS SPONSOR

Post by finatic »

Nice!
Cordel,
I'll be down in S. Miami next weekend (16, 17, 18, 19) let's get together a couple of mornings.
I'll give u a call next week.
The artist formally known as Snookfinatic

finaticdesigns.com
bonefishwhisperer

better bring another bumper sticker :razz: ...we can fish the flats if bony and the canals if windy...canal fishing is totally over with at 8am on one canal but can go to 9am on the other...actually you can bring your snapping shrimpy thingy to pit it against the Mighty Mighty Speed Dart
finatic
PFTS SPONSOR
PFTS SPONSOR

Post by finatic »

bonefishwhisperer wrote:better bring another bumper sticker :razz: ...we can fish the flats if bony and the canals if windy...canal fishing is totally over with at 8am on one canal but can go to 9am on the other...actually you can bring your snapping shrimpy thingy to pit it against the Mighty Mighty Speed Dart
I'll definitely bring you some stickers and such! My nephew that lives down there is a bass junky so he will want to hit canals. I won't have the kayak. I could use a 10ft jon boat or 14ft sundance skiff but, will more than likely just walk canals with the flyrod. I am definitely not putting the finatic shrimp gurgler up to your speed dart in the deep canals but, will test out a deepwater bendback pattern i'm tying. If that don't work i'll have some speed darts in my back pocket! :wink: :lol:
Sounds like fun!

finaticdesigns.com
bonefishwhisperer

I will put you in front of the canoe if need be...also remember I have 2 Freedom Hawks...walking is good for tarpon...the tarpon are basically topwater bite..I see every attack unless on the flats where the dread rules the world
finatic
PFTS SPONSOR
PFTS SPONSOR

Post by finatic »

bonefishwhisperer wrote:I will put you in front of the canoe if need be...also remember I have 2 Freedom Hawks...walking is good for tarpon...the tarpon are basically topwater bite..I see every attack unless on the flats where the dread rules the world
Cool. I'll give you a call next week.

finaticdesigns.com
bonefishwhisperer

better make that a email...I never answer the phone
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

bonefishwhisperer wrote:better make that a email...I never answer the phone
He ain't lying... I'm off that weekend.. maybe we'll hook um up again somewhere.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
finatic
PFTS SPONSOR
PFTS SPONSOR

Post by finatic »

krash wrote:
bonefishwhisperer wrote:better make that a email...I never answer the phone
He ain't lying... I'm off that weekend.. maybe we'll hook um up again somewhere.
Sounds good! I'll call you and e-mail Cordel!!!!!!

finaticdesigns.com
bonefishwhisperer

the planets are aligning....I feel PERMIT heading right to me...also I will be opening a can of whipass to the bones...I might have to bring the canoe back for this...where are you staying?
finatic
PFTS SPONSOR
PFTS SPONSOR

Post by finatic »

SW 120th

finaticdesigns.com
bonefishwhisperer

dude...thats perfect...I am on sw 2nd...you must be in Pinecrest...excitied to fish...lets fish the entire time...