somewhat newbie on a Prowler 13.

Introduce yourself. It all starts with your first post. Jump in, the water's fine.
buddha599

somewhat newbie on a Prowler 13.

Post by buddha599 »

Hello all;

I have lived in pinellas county all my life and have been fishing since the early 90's (mostly from piers and shore lines). About four years ago I got my ocean Kayak and the obsession has continued. I mainly fish St. Josephs sound up to fred howard park and enjoy the serenity of my kayak. The first year I had my Kayak I was out almost three times a week. Then a marriage, job and baby kept me away. I am now getting back to my hobby of kayak fishing.

With my family growing and time shrinking I am looking for tips on where to find fish and what types of baits to use. I primarily have been using live bait and built a nice live well for my prowler 13 ocean kayak (green). I will post some pictures when time permits. Any help on specific lures or colors for the area would be appreciated. I can break myself of live bait.

My main fishing spot is the dunedin causeway as it is 4 minutes from my house. I fly a Joly roger flag attached to my visipole so if you see me say whats up and share a story. I am always looking for advice and tips. I realize you never know it all you only think you do... I ussually do not get skunked and at least end up with a trout for dinner. I would love to hook a slot size red for dinner.

The only problem I have found with kayak fishing is none of my friends have kayaks! I would love to talk with other enthusiast who have experienced some of the excitement I have been hunting. Thanks to all in advance and I look forward to sharing.
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Re: somewhat newbie on a Prowler 13.

Post by DaveR »

Welcome and check out the PFTS series. (tournaments) It's a great way to meet a bunch of like folk and always a fun, inexpensive way to spend a day.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
americanrobster

Post by americanrobster »

Welcome to the forum. I have a friend who lives about 10 minutes away from the causeway and every now and then I load up 2 kayaks and make it up that way.
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'
flykool25

Post by flykool25 »

hi i am new as well to kayaking . i do fish around dunedin so if interested to go let me know. i have been using doa shrimp and live bait. weekdays are good for me. flykool25
pag_yaker

Post by pag_yaker »

buddha599 wrote:... The only problem I have found with kayak fishing is none of my friends have kayaks!
You have new friends now ... :)
Jerry White
Contributing author for Paddling.net since 2005
Contributing author for Florida Sportsman Magazine
Member - Florida Outdoor Writers Association
ratherbefishin

Post by ratherbefishin »

Check out the BACK fishing club @ http://www.backfishingclub.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good people, always welcoming new members, right in your own neighborhood.
Curt

Well, hell, SOMEBODY has to catch lizardfish.