Kars Park

kneedeep

Kars Park

Post by kneedeep »

Anybody familiar with Kars Park on the Banana River? I usually put in at Haulover and paddle up but Kars is much closer to where I fish. Just wanted to know if the park closes at a certain time, is there a fee to lauch there? Any input would be greatly appreciated. By the way, I will be in the Banana River the week of the first tourney, so I probably won't make it. :cool:
<SDFT><{
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
dangermouse01

Re: Kars Park

Post by dangermouse01 »

Look here:
http://www.orlandokayakfishingclub.com/ ... pic=2737.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kars park launch form
http://www.orlandokayakfishingclub.com/ ... h_form.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge 2010 fishing permit
http://www.fws.gov/merrittisland/2010Fish&Regs.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DM
gatordave

Post by gatordave »

5 bucks to launch at the park. Usally you can get in anytime at the gate..Camping is only for retired military or NASA employees.
PHLYfisher

Post by PHLYfisher »

Gate was open 6am to 9pm last time I checked. Its 5$ to fish and worth every cent. Get there waaay before sunrise and head north. Keep covering water until you find tails.

Don't forget to check out the 1,000 islands 5 miles south of there or so, especially if its windy... much easier to get out of the wind.
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

Cool! Thanks all for the responses!. Just so happened.. I found a hotel not far from the launch for only $37 bucks a night!. It's a Days Inn, so it shouldn't be too bad. Whatever,... If it has air conditionin' and clean sheets, it's worth every penny! I've fished the area several times before and I'm actually thinkin' about puttin' in at the Haulover and head North. No charge to launch and it's NICE flats all the way.. I'll be there the 7th, 8th, and 9th of September, so any reports on water conditions;..ie; clarity, floating crap, tannin etc. would be more than appreciated.. :cool:
<SDFT><{
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

Hey Phly,
P.M. sent..
<SDFT><{
Trootin

Post by Trootin »

PHLYfisher wrote:Gate was open 6am to 9pm last time I checked. Its 5$ to fish and worth every cent. Get there waaay before sunrise and head north. Keep covering water until you find tails.
What he said. The farther north, the better..
Team Young & Good Looking
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

Cool! My avatar is actually a Red I caught the last time I was there just North of Kars on Topwater. 40" 36 lbs! Any reports of those lately??!
<SDFT><{