PFTS #1 Final Results-Updated with pics.

Re: PFTS #1 Final Results-Updated with pics.

Post by 13 »

As far as weather goes, I thought we got pretty lucky and had a great day. :D
Oh, and the fish mitt that Poon Face guy donated works like a champ! No need for a venting tool anymore. Horay! :lol:

Totally bummed I won't be able to make the next event. Can't wait to see some pictures though. Good luck everyone!

Post by 13 »

mikeB wrote:Big Up's to the winners and all who participated.. A crisis developed late Friday and I had to travel to Ft. Lauderdale Fri. evening and work all day Sat. My rigged and ready rods stood idle in my absence. I would be interested to know what lures the winners were using.
As with most of the big reds I have pulled in this year, I got the big red on a 1/2 oz silver spoon. Had many days this summer with just that where I landed multiple reds. Pretty sure Gold Darts were responsible for some fish in the tourny too though.
TerryB

Post by TerryB »

Congrats to the winners. see you next time on the water!!
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

13 wrote:
mikeB wrote:Big Up's to the winners and all who participated.. A crisis developed late Friday and I had to travel to Ft. Lauderdale Fri. evening and work all day Sat. My rigged and ready rods stood idle in my absence. I would be interested to know what lures the winners were using.
As with most of the big reds I have pulled in this year, I got the big red on a 1/2 oz silver spoon. Had many days this summer with just that where I landed multiple reds. Pretty sure Gold Darts were responsible for some fish in the tourny too though.
Even though I screwed up and didn't put the Lucky #7 token in some pics, YES!.. The gold dart caught 5 quality fish for me on 9/11 and I was only one trout short of slamming TWICE!! Gold Darts ROCK!! :cool: :shock: :study:
<SDFT><{
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

Looks like I'm gonna have to fish the next tourney... Maybe then I'll get the winnings from the last tourney! :shock: :lol: :lol:
<SDFT><{
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

kneedeep wrote:
13 wrote:
Even though I screwed up and didn't put the Lucky #7 token in some pics, YES!.. The gold dart caught 5 quality fish for me on 9/11 and I was only one trout short of slamming TWICE!! Gold Darts ROCK!! :cool: :shock: :study:
Gold Dart?? I thought you used some natrual shrimp color, at least thats what you told everyone at the Pic-n-Sip.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

If you look at the package of the Darts, The Gold Dart with the Red flake says "Natural Shrimp" color. At least mine does.. Weren't you paying attention in class??!! :joker: :lol:
<SDFT><{
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

kneedeep wrote:If you look at the package of the Darts, The Gold Dart with the Red flake says "Natural Shrimp" color. At least mine does.. Weren't you paying attention in class??!! :joker: :lol:
I'm looking at a bag right now and it says nothing about red flake.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Rik

Post by Rik »

I'm thinking there may be some misunderstanding going on here....

Natural Shrimp - that looks like gold with some red flake in it

Clear Gold Flake - that really doesn't look clear

Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

I use the Natural Shrimp color on top with the Red flake in it. And I'm certain that a few of the folks calling their lure the "Gold" Dart were actually using the Shrimp as well. Great color after the big freeze last year, because most of what survived as far as bait was actually shrimp. :thumbright:
<SDFT><{