Heidy-Ho neighbors!

Introduce yourself. It all starts with your first post. Jump in, the water's fine.
YakDaddy1

Heidy-Ho neighbors!

Post by YakDaddy1 »

Heidy-Ho neighbors! :salute: YakDaddy here from Pig, Kentucky. I've been kayak fishing for a bit more than 20 years...started out in California, but my favorite haunts are in Florida. We have a little place on St. Pete Beach we get to 3 or 4 times each year. I'm partial to fishing around John's Pass (I grew up fishing there), but I venture as far as Sebastian Inlet and I can't resist the lure (no pun intended) of tailing reds on the flats around Cape Canaveral and the Haulover canal area. Here in Kentucky I fish the Green River (more species of fish than any other river in the world...no kidding), but I also venture in to the Nolin and Barren reservoirs when I want to try for hybrid bass, and Lake Malone when I get a hankerin' for real bass.

I started out fishing from sit-in kayaks, taking a class on self-rescue in Sausalito Bay (just inside the Golden Gate). After a couple self-rescues in frigid water, I quickly converted to SOTs, and I've never looked back.

Our current fleet is two Ocean Kayak Prowler 15s and an Emotion Charger. My hobby morphed in to a business when I started producing and selling a kayak fishing platform called a Slider. You can check it out at YakDaddy.net.

I'm hoping to hook up with folks from the Tampa Bay area, where I grew up. Look forward to seeing you on the water.

Keep the wet side down!

YakDaddy

JoeS

Re: Heidy-Ho neighbors!

Post by JoeS »

Welcome YD1.....
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Re: Heidy-Ho neighbors!

Post by DaveR »

Welcome aboard!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.