Caxambas Park - Marco Island

Naples to West Palm and south, including the Keys
kbuch1

Caxambas Park - Marco Island

Post by kbuch1 »

Will someone please offer any specific information for a car top canoe to be launched at this park?
Specifically interested in the launch fees if applicable since I do not trailer. Also, is this the only launch on the island to access decent paddle/ small outboard fishing locations from a canoe.
Time to be there are between Christmas and new years.
What can I expect or hope for during this time in terms of fishing?

Any help received is appreciated,
Thank you.

KMB
Rik

Re: Caxambas Park - Marco Island

Post by Rik »

26° 1'25.76"N
81°44'2.68"W

If you use Google Earth, put it those coords. It's a launch called Shell Island. it is free to launch. Much better area for small boats. Caxambas pass can get very busy with power boats.

The Calusa Island Marina in Goodland might also be better to keep you out of big boat traffic and put you closer to fishing areas. No idea if they charge.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
size matters

Post by size matters »

Ditto Rik caxambas very busy. You could try the public launch before the Marco bridge and once u leave ramp go left instead of right. And go into backwater . You would go left under next bridge you come to and head west . A lot of great backwater there heading towards isle of capri.
"President of the Dink Fishing Club"
kbuch1

Post by kbuch1 »

Gentlemen,
Thank you for the replies.
I had hoped to stay on the island and launch, but these two options allow one to avoid the pass.
Regards,
KMB
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

Calusa Island Marina does charge to launch. I cant remember the fee. I usually launch just on the other side of the San Marco Road Bridge by Goodland. You can launch from the south/East side of the road directly into Goodland Bay. From there you can head east to any number of places, or north up into the river.