New to Kayak Fishing & Saltwater

Introduce yourself. It all starts with your first post. Jump in, the water's fine.
DDOlson

New to Kayak Fishing & Saltwater

Post by DDOlson »

Hi,

I'm a Minnesota Transplant here in Charleston, SC...Trying to fish for Reds out of a Kayak...All new to me.

I enjoy fishing but this is new and exciting. Have not yet caught my first fish in Charleston.

I did have some luck Kayak Fishing in the White Mts of New Hampshire for Smallmouth, Largemouth, & Pickeral. A lot of small Brook Trout as well.

Any advise or help on fishing my new home would be helpful.

DDOlson
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Re: New to Kayak Fishing & Saltwater

Post by DaveR »

There must be like minded folks up there by you. Search them out and ply them with offers of fine spirits and I'll bet you garner some good info. Tides and there effect on your local fish are something you are going to have to learn. Not much tidal action in the waters you're used to. :wink:
Welcome and good luck on your quest. You will find redfish to be a respectable quarry and worthy of your study!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.